What's new

SCTV Volume 5? (1 Viewer)

Jake Yenor

Stunt Coordinator
No idea when it is coming out but Vol. 1 said after they get through the NBC episodes(which they did) they would go back to the earliest episodes from before it aired in USA.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I hope it will be the Cinemax episodes, continuing and finishing the series where Volume 4 left off.
Also would be nice to see the Cinemax specials.

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
I hope it's the Cinemax episodes too, since that would be the logical order, instead of going back to the beginning and then returning to the last season later.

That and I need 2009 with Eugene Levy's Ernest Borgnine on DVD. And the last Half-Wits shows.

Jake Yenor

Stunt Coordinator
I do hope for cinemax as well but Vol. 1 did say plainly that next up is the older stuff. Sadly. :frowning:

DavidBC

Second Unit
I want it all, so I don't care what order it comes in, as long as it comes! Each series has its own brilliant sketches, so as long as I get it all eventually, I'm happy.:)

ChrisMahoney

Auditioning
I really want the season one episodes. The show may have been a little uneven, but there was something special going on back then, when Harold Ramis was still part of the cast.

I still wish he had stuck with the show longer.

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
The first three (pre-NBC) seasons are the ones for me. That's when I first discovered and came to love the show. Plus since these seasons were made up of 20 or so half hour eps, they could get these sets out at a faster rate and (hopefully) cheaper price, or perhaps even package them all in one large set.

Lots of great stuff in the early seasons, although some of it was reprised in the NBC shows. I'm not such a big fan of the Cinemax year, so I can take or leave that one, although there are some good skits in it.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Any news on Volume 5 yet? Seems like there should have been an announcement for it by now if they were planning to release it within 6 months of the last release. Each release has taken longer to come out and I hope we're not waiting until summer for the next one.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i'm looking forwrd to the half hr eps.

i thought those were the funnier ones.
not that the network 90 shows werent, they were genius.

i've never been able to find evidence to prove it, but i swear
when i watched one of the old half shows i saw an ep that the cast dubbed an old ep of the cisco kid as an episode of sctv.(ouch)

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor

Yes! Yes!

At the time it was one of the funniest things I had ever seen. Tears were streaming down my face...I can't imagine it'll hold up to my vague memories of it, but I would LOVE to see that skit again.

I had watched a bunch of those old shows as repeats in syndication, but have never seen that skit shown again. I hope there isn't some rights issue that might prevent it from being included...

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if the episode with Betty Thomas in the "South Sea Sinner" movie parody has been released on DVD yet?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Some of the early half-hour shows have been put out on DVD. Was it on one of those current volume sets or separately?

The first 4 seasons -- 1977 to 81 were shown for years on PBS stations. I kind of got the impression that many of them were complete, but just with an improved opening theme score (the same used on Cinemax in the final season in the mid 1980s).

Of course some of the half-hours syndicated years ago have sketches taken from NBC's SCTV Network 90 as well. It's good to see all of the 90 minute shows were since released in their original form on these 5 sets. :emoji_thumbsup:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the half hr shows are not on dvd.
it was actually listed as 3 seasons.
the dvds start with the 4th season as net 90.
also several of the net 90's are modified with missing music due to cost/rights issues.

i watched the halfers on pbs too.

i did alittle searching last night and found out the cisco kid ep was the next to last pre net 90 show. the last was a clip show of sorts.

it has not been seen since from what i was able to come up with after reading some posts on old usenet forums or whatever that was called.
alt.tv.sctv
i watched it with my brother and it was close to the funniest thing i had seen in my life at that time.(1981).

Jeff#

Screenwriter
So what musical performances were not included in these discs?

I can't imagine why any musical group -- living or dead would object to allowing their performances to be released on DVD if they were a guest on the show. Demanding too much money from the company that owns those shows and / or the releasing company is no excuse. It goes beyond stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks