What's new

Scrubs - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I hope they don't harp on the post partum malarky for too long. I like my comedies to be funny. If I want drama, I'll watch one of the hundred of other doctor shows.

My words to Carla: "Get over it and get your ass out of bed"

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I love this show and I think the reason it appeals to so many people is because of the writing and amazing wealth of talented actors who can_ deliver not only comical , but also some very poignant scenes that touch our hearts.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Have you WATCHED "Scrubs" before this season? This is one of the few sitcoms on television known for being a bonafide dramedy at its best.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Adam, I guess i agree with your statement. I just have a negative reaction to the whole post partum thing. It is like the "twinky defense". I just don't really buy into it as being a real issue. I know there are lots of smart people out there that say it is real, but I just think people are getting too freekin soft. Gessh, your sad... Get over it. Don't drown your baby because you have issues. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

I guess i feel these types of things are the same as people who say that we should pity serial killers because they had a bad childhood.

I have to keep reminding myself that it is just a show. :)

The funny thing is, I have actually been on anti-depressants in the past. Maybe I need to go back on them. LOL

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator

Uh - Have your ovaries ever flooded your system with overdoses of hormone cocktails before, during, and after you pushed a baby out of your bajingo? Methinks you're not in a position to judge.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

LOL, not yet.

Besides, women have been giving birth for a long time. Why has this issue suddenly come up in society? It is because there are Pharmaceutical companies that want to sell their drugs. They are playing up the syndromes that their drugs will help.

Back to the reason for my posting in the first place. I guess the issue doesn't seem likely for me in the context of this show. They are all doctors and nurses. They should have diagnosed this a lot earlier. They are just using this issue for extra "drama" in what should be a comedy. I am ok with comedies having some drama in them, I just think this particular issue isn't a good place to put it. It feels like it is too forced, or obvious or something. I guess we will have to wait and see how it is resolved. I guess as long as Carla doesn't kill her newborn, I will be ok with it. Come to think about it... Isn't February sweeps. They are probably waiting for then to do that. :)

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
It looks like Bill Lawrence has confirmed that Scrubs will be back for a seventh season. In today's edition of the TV media publication "Spots N Dots", there is a little blurb at the end of the "Network News" section which reads:

The creator of Scrubs says his show will definitely be back next season, on ABC is NBC doesn't want it. Bill Lawrence says Disney's Touchstone "makes a ton of money" on each episode and told him not to write a series finale.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It hasn't suddenly come up. It's just that women have the support and options they need to do something about it now. Before, it was a woman's duty to raise her children, and any woman who didn't or couldn't was a failure. That's the main difference.

Brenda M

Stunt Coordinator
Outstanding singing episode. I think it is the best of the musical versions of shows I have seen. Like Xena and Buffy, have there been others?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The "Poo" song and the "Guy Love" song were hilarious. The nod to Grease with the "Friends Forever" song was really nifty.

dberthia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
Best episode of the year so far. Good to see they can still shake things up a bit. The poo song had me on the floor.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I have really started to love SCRUBS this year (didn't really watch it before), yet was I the only one who didn't really care for last nights episode? I didn't think it was as funny as a typical episode, and didn't care for the music. At least not compared to say the BUFFY episode, that had music I am STILL singing.

Glad they did it though.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode with all the music,singing and dancing routines.This just shows you how truly talented this cast is. Hats off to all ,this type of production takes ALOT of hard work to put together. I can understand why some folks here didn't enjoy the musical aspect of it, 10 years ago I would of said I didn't like it. Now that I'm a little older,I've come to appreciate real talent more and last night,this show totally entertained me.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I honestly was enjoying the choreography more than the singing. Some very elaborate routines going on.

I just could have done without the "Poo" song and all that. Not my type of humor.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith

Pretty much my exact thoughts. I thought the cast did okay with what they had, but the songs just seemed rather dull and uninspired.

I was really looking forward to the episode but it just didn't work for me.

-Keith

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I really could have done without a song about poo!

Good episode but nowhere near as good as Buffy.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
My DVR cut out the last two minutes. What happened to the musical patient? Did she die? Get cured? Go to musical heaven?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks