What's new

Scrubs Season 5 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I got back into this show this season, and my GOD, why did I ever stop watching last year?! Great, funny stuff!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Great two episodes. The first one was classic light Scrubs, the second was that blend that the show has at it's best. I wasn't optimistic about Mandy Moore as a guest star, but she exceeded my expectations. I also like that the age gap was a factor in the break-up; casting women too young has been a consistent problem on the show.
"She's a keeper, J.D., and you'll never do better" has to be one of the classic all-time wrong responses.

Nick: I don't think the Janitor and Turk are friends. The Janitor and Ted were just using him to get them the free tickets.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
While the standard JD-focused episodes are obviously great, I do like that they're mixing it up some with the two "Her Story" eps and "My Intern's Eyes." These shows that while JD has some wacky stuff going on in his head, it isn't something that makes his crazy. While everyone's might not be as ridiculous and/or funny, we all do these sorts of things when we're alone in our head.

And while I don't think Mandy was perfect for this role, she is damn adorable.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Can't believe it when I saw that they casted the adventure tour guide from "North Shore" (Chris, played by Jay Kenneth Johnson) to play the good looking doctor who checked out Carla for her fertility concerns.

I do think it's a little dangerous to cast a current girlfriend to be on your show, especially if it doesn't work out in real life, those bits are captured on celluloid forever.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I've got a bad feeling about Mrs. Wilk. She's the only recurring patient ever that's been in three consective episodes (or close enough together). The only other patient that's been in more than one episode was Richard Kind's character, and the episodes he was in were far apart.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I liked the fact that they had Carla doing the little monologue in her head and JD saying what he would normally say in a monologue out loud instead. They are always mixing things up on the show to keep it fresh.

The airband bit was a riot.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
What an utterly devestating ending to the last episode. I think it will end up being a pretty big kick to J.D.'s ego when his favoratism and petty games turn out to be the cause.
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird to a have a TBC on back-to-back episodes? That scene was a fitting end to the night, but it's still awkward.
Tonight's episodes didn't show a hint of the first few episode's hesitation. Pitch-perfect execution with the characters we really care about. Loved the Elliot/Turk subplot; I was waiting for a CALL-TURK (did you dial the K?) reference when the whole cellphone issue came up.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Two excellent episodes. I am interested in where they go with our beloved Mrs. Wilk (and it might be a surprise, since they've done the other story a few times now). It wasn't JD's favoritism that did it (or even Cabbage), it was the pecker who left the thing out ;)

As for JD's favoritism, I assume they meant to go a little too far, as it seemed over the top, even for Scrubs. But the episodes were funny, and funny consistently. My favorite gag was Cox "fainting" in the pre-credits. PERFECT timing.

Glad it's back.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought the 1st episode was weaker than the 2nd episode. I didn't much laugh during the 1st episode but the 2nd episode got back on track.

They did allude to a bit of Brokeback attraction between Cox and Janitor (with the whimsical western music for about 3 seconds at the bar).

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Maybe I missed it in a previous episode, but is there a reason why Dr. Cox has the 3-day beard thing going?

J.D. has a pink bathrobe and presumable a pink towel? Hmmm, interesting.

Todd with the germs on his face, ass, and crotch, cracked me up. I wonder what he was doing in Chinatown? :)

I was expecting Laverne to go after Kelso when he said "I'm going to get you, you chocolate bitch." or whatever it was.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Loved the getting your pants 100% off line. One day I'm going to have to use that :)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
It certainly did seem like a downer ending to the second episode unless Mrs. Wilk does turn around. Was hoping for a Waltons joke or something but you cant have everything.
Like that they are showing "more" of Keith. No wonder J.D was jealous! :)
Loved the piercing and racoon jokes.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Oh, I do love that show. It's like they've been watching our lives and just put it on TV."

Scrubs will slow down the new episodes to 1 per week, and then follow the new episode with a cast member pick for favorite past Scrubs episode to fill up the hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks