What's new

Scrubs (season 4) ongoing thread (2 Viewers)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
quote:Ahh.. but Neil Flynn is Janitor's "name". Janitor is "Neil Flynn, the out of work actor who played a cop in the movie 'The Fugitive'"

Ahh, yes.
smile.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/19/04

"People are bastard covered bastards with a bastard center"

This was a very funny episode. I almost lost it when Ted bites into his ice cream that he dug out of the trash and then spits it out on the counter.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It was a pisser indeed. While Ted and the ice cream sandwich was the undisputed highlight, I also got a kick out of the Janitor prowling for J.D. with the wrench held over his head.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I actually found it to be the weakest Scrubs in quite some time. I had a few laughs, but the overall quality wasn't there. Was it directed by Mrs. Seaver (Joanna Kerns was listed as the director)???

A few good moments, but pretty weak.

Take care,
Chuck

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kelso and Cox teaming up to bring Molly down was pretty funny stuff.

I dreamt of Mayberry last night.

Dido must have loved the product placement.

Dan's "She's Gone" was a bit painful, though.

Loved how Molly sprung a hat once she got her apology.

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
I'd agree that this was weakest of the season but to trot out that time-honored "Simpsons" catchpharase; 'it's still better than 90% of everything else on TV'. There were definitely some good moments. I think my biggest complaint is with Tom Cavanaugh...I liked him on "Ed" but he seems to be going a bit over the top on "Scrubs". Granted, his character is written obnoxious but I can't help thinking that he's overacting.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
quote:I also got a kick out of the Janitor prowling for J.D. with the wrench held over his head.

Anyone have the backstory for the music played every time JD backed out of a situation where someone was looking for them? Was that a pop culture reference or just generic 'back away' music?

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
quote:I think my biggest complaint is with Tom Cavanaugh...I liked him on "Ed" but he seems to be going a bit over the top on "Scrubs". Granted, his character is written obnoxious but I can't help thinking that he's overacting.

Never saw 'Ed', but share the same sentiment. Oddly, even in this show, his role seems over the top and just doesn't fit. Everything else is like well-oiled machinery.

It was a pleasant show last night.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Tom Cavanaugh had my second favorite line of the night next to the "bastard covered bastards..." bit when he asked "How do you take a bath?". A very close third was JD's "If my heart could write music it would sound like this."

Regards,

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
quote:I'd agree that this was weakest of the season but to trot out that time-honored "Simpsons" catchphrase; 'it's still better than 90% of everything else on TV'.
Agreed. I still laughed several times. I just have high expectations
wink.gif

Remember, this is pretty much the only show I watch
biggrin.gif

Take care,
Chuck

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I'd say it was the weakest episode in terms of cohesion, but the zingers kept on flying. The "bastard covered bastards with bastard inside" jokes were freakin' hilarious, as was the entire Mayberry bit. I just hope this is the last of the J.D.-Eliot sexual tension stories. It was getting a bit tedious. Also, I'm still hoping Heather Graham joins the cast permanently. Her character has added a lot and taken almost nothing away. I miss the cranky nurse with the glasses though.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
Loved last night! My wife and I were laughing our butts off through the whole episode. As soon as it looked like Perry and Kelso were going to collude against Heather G, I started laughing and telling my wife, "she's going to eat them up and spit them out!"
biggrin.gif
Heather Graham feeling Cox's stomach and saying "see, soft center!" Oh, so many wonderful lines and visuals.

I love how they use the background. There always seems to be something funny going on in the back (Ted and the ice cream sandwich), JD walking in at a bad time on Cox and Janitor, etc..

One of the few shows on TV I never want to miss.

MattGentry

Second Unit
While not as good as last weeks (nor as good as any of this seasons) it was still far better than most anything I've seen on TV this past week.

Yep, just echoing what's already been said...

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
That's why he mentioned it. :)

Good golly, I love Miss Molly.

Zach Braff directed next week's episode (his Scrubs directorial debut), and said on his Garden State blog that it's Scrubs' most ambitious episode yet (October 4 and September 27 entries).

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Dammit! I missed it again. Anyone got a screenshot of Elliot in PJ's? I don't feel like waiting till next summer to catch up on the episodes I missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks