What's new

Scrubs Details/Artwork (1 Viewer)

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator
5th April! Thats earlier than expected.

So Amazon got the info wrong. I'm glad. I was kinda worried about it being a 3 disc set like it says on their website.

Great job at getting this info. I'm very happy to hear about there being loads of bonus material. I can't wait.

The cover picture blows, though. Where does that green-spoon thing come from? That doesn't look very medical now, does it. But I can live with that.

Now if they could just confirm that the music's intact, I'd be very very very happy.

I'm preordering this as soon as they official specs are out.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Awful awful coverart. I'm guessing the green spoon is supposed to be some kind of liquid medicine, but really horrible. I'll give them credit for trying to get across the tone of the show and create something that maybe looks a bit different, but really, didn't work at all.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

Actually, no offense to Tom, but he got the info wrong. The release is indeed May 17th. The "prebook" date (which is only for retailers to get their orders in) is April 5th.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Yeah, sorry, I did indeed get the date wrong. I added it about 10mins before I went to bed in a mad rush! May 17th it is then!

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter

That sounds a bit steep to me. I love the show, but with so many other 30 minute sitcoms priced around $30, it's a tough sell.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Dave L. was kind of harsh on the cover art. It's not that bad, really. I've seen much worse. I like how it's made to look like it's on a clipboard. The picture could make more sense, sure.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
That cover art makes it look like everyone is freebasing on green crack.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
At first I had the news posted without the vitriol. I just hinted at the opinion that formed upon first sight...I saw it yesterday, before Tom had it up. One of the reasons I didn't post it right away was to try to get my emotions under control. To be blunt, I really really hate it.

So I slept on it, did all my other news first, wrote up something that sounded diplomatic, and only hinted at how I felt. Then I proofread it, and at the bottom was that butt-ugly box once more.

I went into edit mode, added that paragraph, saved it, told Gord what I'd done, and left the house on some errands. I don't regret it for a second. Everyone can feel free to disagree with me, and like I said, I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. But that's bad. Not quite Real Genius bad, but in the parking lot of the stadium at least. In my opinion, anyway.

Carla's the only one who looks right. Elliot looks nothing like herself; totally unrecognizable. JD looks very weird and sinister, and what's with the big hand holding the spoon full of bubbling, smoking acid? Turk's kinda okay, but is showing more teeth than I ever recall seeing in the show. Cox actually looks happy, which is wrong for the character, despite the fact that it might be glee that he's about to inject you with the same crap JD's got on his spoon. Kelso also looks out of character, and the hair on both Cox and Kelso look wrong for the first season. And the janitor's MIA, what's up with that? Finally, the cover's waaay too crowded and busy-looking, and the rest of the box outside of the trademark x-ray with the bad cast shot is an awful shade of grey that reminds me of those computer manuals from the 80's for programmers and accountants that were a binder-style book which slipped into a hard slipcover box.

Anyway, that's my opinion. I'm sure I'll get an angry e-mail from the person who designed it. Oh, well.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator
I hate to jump in a thread with a...er...postive comment, but I think the cover is hilarious looking, and compliments the tone of the show wonderfully. I especially love how Cox is ready to "stick it" to us.

This photo seems to be made specifically for the DVD release. That's pretty sweet considering that most DVD covers have stock photos. Just look at how boring it could have been:
tvtome.com/images/shows/3/6/13-10094-sm.jpg

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I'm just glad its finally coming to DVD. Pity its still quite a while until its released. I suspect this set will get played in my household more than any other release this year. Can't wait.

The cover art is crappy but since all my DVD's aren't stored with the front facing out, I couldn't care less.

*crossing my fingers S2 will be out by the end of the year*

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
What about the music?

The show is only four years old - so there shouldn't be any problems with the music rights. Alias started the same year and there wasn't any replaced music on those boxsets.

Any chance that somebody could get a definite answer from Buena Vista about the music so I can preorder?

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
... and Keen Eddie.

Reality Check: There is ALWAYS the possibility of rights issues on any product entering anew medium.

ALWAYS.

-Scott

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

Theme songs are handled differently than "in-episode" music. Because, you're not just licensing the song to include in the ep, you're licensing it for ALL the eps and it will be forever linked as part of the "brand" of that show. And when a song is popular (such as the case with The Apprentice and Las Vegas), it can get really expensive. So, some companies will choose to only license for the broadcast, but not a home video release.

ChuckOso

Auditioning

Personally, I think I would have preferred that one over the one they selected. Boring maybe, but the cast members look normal. (plus it has Janitor in it.)

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator

Or Wonderfalls, which is as recent as last season, which had almost (if not) every song replaced.

Plus they were still working on the music lincensing in December and things were "up in the air" at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks