What's new

SCROOGED: YULE LOVE IT EDITION (1 Viewer)

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator
Source? Maybe they put it back a few weeks. Afterall, Halloween is an odd time to release a Christmas film, even it does have ghosts.

John Gido

Second Unit

Wow, 2 of my anticipated upgrades shot down in 1 year. :angry:

Good thing I didn't sell off my copies of "Hudson Hawk" & "Scrooged" in anticipation of newer releases.

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
I knew something was up with Amazon not having it for pre-order yet. Damn. I've held off year after year waiting for this and have been so excited. This still better be out before the end of the year. The extras were a lot better than I expected. I doubt they'd cancel it after getting the extras together...they better not. Hopeuflly its out by December.

It better be :frowning:

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

Because I already have it in anamorphic widescreen on DVD, and it's the movie I care most about.

At this point, double-dipping on SD titles just feels like a big waste of money. I haven't even been buing SD Sony titles for a while because they've taught me to hold otu for extended cuts or Superbit versions (which seem to be disappearing). They have me to the point with some titles that I might as well just wait for Blu-Ray, rather than buy their "Inferior Edition" now.

Plus, the savings today can help me justify buying the HD gear when the time is right.

And as far as SUPER-HD....How long did we have NTSC?

That's right: a long, long, long, long, long, long time. The FCC ain't going to adopt another new standard for a good long while.

At the rate US households are adopting HD, I'll be dead or in a retirement home before HD is supplanted. I know there's already super HD equipment for people to study classic art and such, but it's hard enough to wrestle the bandwidth away from TV providers now for low bitrate HD, and until everyone has 10 foot screens in their homes there isn't much need.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

I thought IV was just re-encoded, but perhaps you're right.

I'm having a rough time remembering if First Contact was more than just re-encoded, but I know Insurrection was.

I wonder if they were just going to port the old Scrooged transfer and decided to remaster it instead, so it will be good to go for HD too.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hiya Grant, not sure specifically about IV but First Contact indeed got a new transfer that is AWESOME. Way better than the old. It looks like The Dead Zone got a new transfer too but supposedly it has considerably less detail!

:0

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Yeah, now that I think back on it I realize you're right about First Contact. In fact, when I upgraded I watched it right away even though I'd just watched the original version a few months back because I was anxious to see the quality.

Which one was reframed? FC or Insurrection, or both?

The original FC transfer was one that seemed good for its time, but didn't hold up under close scrutiny once I got a bigger and better system.

And it is a stellar transfer. And they popped DTS on that bad boy too didn't they? That was when Paramount seemed to decide to really step up their game.

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
So yea, anything new on this yet? New release date? Is it still coming? I dont see what the reason would be for canceling it, if it is, especially when the extras have already been put together. Hope we learn more soon...

MarkBurton

Second Unit
Brandon,
Thanks for posting that link from Amazon.ca. I took a look at the listing and I noticed something interesting...

Format: Import, Collector's Edition, Full Screen, NTSC, Special Edition

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
Nothing on the Paramount retailer site, although the art for the front and back of the DVD is still up. I'll email my Paramount contact to see if I can find out anything.

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator
All R2 UK stores seem to be pre-ordering for a new edition on 6/11/06. However, I'm not sure yet if it is this edition. I know one store simply says "new packaging" and there are no specs about it on any of them.

I'm wondering what's wrong with R1 too. Rights issues, perhaps?

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B

Nice, thanks!

Hopefully we can finally get some solid confirmation on this now, its a must have for me especially after hearing about the extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks