What's new

Screen Dimensions on Pioneer SD-532-HD5 (1 Viewer)

Rod_S

Auditioning
I have purchased a Pioneer SD-532-HD5 television, but it is in warehouse storage pending completion of my basement (some would argue that's putting the cart before the horse, but I think my priorities are in the right place). Problem is this: I'm having a cabinet made to house the TV, and it will include a front panel to cover the lower half of the unit (speakers, etc.). For the life of me, I can't find anything that shows the dimensions of the screen, as opposed to just the cabinet. I have all the outside dimensions, but I need to know the distance from the bottom of the screen to the floor, and from the bottom of the case to the floor (i.e., height gain from the casters, if any). Has anybody seen a detailed installation specs sheet for this unit; does anybody by any chance have such random knowledge in their heads? I know this sounds like something from Let's Make A Deal, but I have scoured the net and struck out, and I really need these specs. Much as I'd like to, I can't visit my TV on the top shelf of the Best Buy warehouse to pull the measurement myself, or I would. I also can't find another one anywhere on display, since the new SD-533's are now out, and I'm not sure they're the same.
Any suggestions are appreciated, unless of course the suggestion is the obvious one: measure the TV next time before you buy it. I've already thought of that one . . . .
Thanks.

Matt Taylor

Stunt Coordinator
I went downstairs to do some measuring, and here is what I got. Someone else may want to confirm or deny these measurements.
Bottom of box to ground (i.e. coaster): 3/4 inch
Bottom of screen to ground: 22 inches
Top of screen to ground: 48 inches
Therefore, by using your and my friend Pythagorean's Theorum, the height of the screen is 22 inches, and the diagonal is 53 inches, so it is 48.21 inches wide.
No problem, was happy to do it. I needed anything to pull me away from the TV, I have been watching the horror in New York and DC all day and night.
Matt

Rod_S

Auditioning
Thank you so much. I agree this is one of those times we'd all rather not be watching tv. Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread