What's new

Screen / Center Channel question (1 Viewer)

Brooks

Grip
I'm to the point of installing my in-wall speakers in my HT and need to decide on a screen. It's a front projector set up
I can have the center channel slightly off-center left to right and above the screen. It's tweeter is "focusable" to aim it at the seating area. In this configuration I can use a retractable screen

OR I can spend more $$ for a permanent mounted micro-perf screen.
In that case I can have the cc exactly in the middle of the screen at seated listening height.

Aesthetically I prefer the former. Any experience with how much better the sound location will be with the latter?

Thanks!

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
actually, it is better acoustically to have the center slightly off center than to have it exactly centered, left to right. additionally, micro-perf screens are certainly less desireable both audio and video wise than a non-perf screen, video can be especially affected with a digital projector. looks like your prefered choice is, performance wise, the better choice.:)

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
Why is it better, acoustically, not to have the speaker centered? Given that sounds become more directional as the frequency increases, I would think that having the center 'centered' would be most desireable.

RG

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Is it not possible to have the centre speaker above or velow the retractable screen? I agree that the perf screen may introduce some aliasing with some digital projectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks