What's new

Screen/Audio capture from DXR3 Decoder card? (1 Viewer)

Greg Rakaska

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Creative dxr3 decoder card and want to capture screen shots (static) and audio snippets from DVDs for presonal use such as screen savers and windows audio themes.
I did a forum search one DVD screen prints/shots and did not find any info.
Can either or both be done *legally* with this card?
MODERATORS: If requesting this info is considered "piracy" please delete and let me know ASAP. I truly do want this for personal use only.
I have seen screen (frame) capture capabilities for software DVD players and wondered if there are any for the dxr3 card.
I could capture audio with a microphone, but if I could do it directly off the DVD, that would be easier.
Also, I have read a lot of info lately that leads me to believe that a decoder really isn't necessary with a 1 gHz PIII. Should I consider using a software player? The card does have a TV out which my video card does not have, so that it my primary motivation for keeping it. However, I rarely use this feature as I do have a stand-alone DVD player for everyday use.
Thanks for any info.............

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Negative. You'll need a software decoder program to grab screen captures. This is because the hardware card is the last in the chain between computer and monitor, and the card wasn't designed with the ability (or Sigma Designs hasn't told us how to) access the frame buffer internally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks