Scream 4 In Trouble

Discussion in 'Movies' started by JayMacey, Jul 2, 2010.

1. JayMacey

JayMacey Stunt Coordinator

I did a search on the forums & found a thread with it's last post of 2005, so I think I'm safe in creating a new one.

In any event, I'm sure all of you guys have heard Scream 4 is about to start shooting in a few weeks with the original cast & original talent from the trilogy. Kevin Williamson writing, Wes Craven directing etc. Now there's news that Kevin Williamson has dropped out due to the studio meddling too much with the creative process. Two actors have dropped out too. They're bringing back Ehren Kruger who wrote the third one (& Transformers 2). This is not good. http://www.popculturewhore.com/2010/07/scream-4-in-trouble.html

Was anyone else looking forward to this as much as me?

2. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    I'm looking forward to it but I've also heard that this was suppose to be another trilogy of films so if this one is in trouble then it's doubtful we'll get two more. Williamson has written more bad screenplays than good ones so I'm not going to put too much into this, although it does kinda ruin the everyone returning thing.

3. JayMacey

JayMacey Stunt Coordinator

Michael, I definitely think there was "magic" with the cast of the original Scream, Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson. And while Williamson isn't the best writer Hollywood has ever known, when he's on, he's on. I was really looking forward to them reuniting to kick off the new trilogy.

4. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Didn't similar upheaval occur on Cursed a few years ago? That film was mostly shot when they decided to rewrite the script, recast, and reshoot the whole thing.

This sort of thing seems to follow Williamson and Craven whenever they try and team up lately. Seems like no one is ever satisfied with Williamson's scripts.

I have very low expectations for Scream 4 if it's ever released.

5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

It started shooting this week so it'll be released.

6. scream

scream Auditioning

no ur wrong will has had about all good screen play