What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (4 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thought so Scott. :)I happen to catch an episode of a Flying Nun marathon on Antenna TV and the actress who plays Ensign Tamura appears in a 1970 episode! Well, since you mention the Titan Scott. What is William Riker's middle initial T, stand for? And how does the name become significant during the series?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay, if the Riker question above isn't working for anyone, then here's a TOS question:Name an instance where Mr. Kyle saves Captain Kirk's life?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
"We've got him!" Had some help from Mr. Scott, but he pulled Kirk off the Constellation in The Doomsday Machine. (Ever notice that the Emmy-nominated editing in that episode had the 30-second timer take about a minute and a half?)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That's it Lee! I kind of thought it might be a tricky one! I suppose you could argue it was meant to be seen that Scotty's efforts enabled Kyle to beam Kirk off the Constellation, but in re-viewing the episode, it seems Kyle is the guy who pulled it off.Your turn Lee. And the Riker question can still be in play.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

I just saw your Riker question a minute ago. It's Thomas, isn't it? And we see Thomas Riker in a couple of episodes, I believe.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, that's right. Riker's middle name is Thomas. And Riker's double does appear later and uses the Thomas name to distinguish himself from William. Correct! I guess well never know if he ever gets out of the Cardassian prison.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Okay, here's a standard image question until I can come up with a more challenging question. Name the episode of TOS from which this image is taken. You may ask for hints if necessary.

20obr14.jpg

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
If someone knows offhand, jump in. Once you think you have given everyone a fair chance, Scott, can you tell me if the picture comes from a first-season episode?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Heard about his COPD. I haven't seen anything about his prognosis apart from a vague comment saying he was doing "fine." It's really hard to know because COPD covers a lot of different ailments. In any case, I wish him the very best, of course.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
FanCollector said:
If someone knows offhand, jump in. Once you think you have given everyone a fair chance, Scott, can you tell me if the picture comes from a first-season episode?
Lee,Yes, it is from the first season.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That's unfortunate news about Leonard Nimoy. I wish him well.About the image Scott posted. I figured it was first season from the beam animation, and would have guessed Corbomtie too. But if that's not the episode, then perhaps,"One metal cased object....phasers fire!" Balance of Terror?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks