What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (5 Viewers)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
You have a unique method of arriving at the truth, Nelson!Yes, Spock knew T'Pring and T'Pau (and possibly Stonn) before he sees them in Amok Time. I was going a little crazy because we were talking about Amok Time in a different context throughout the question. Looking at all the answers, Spock is far and away the one with the widest galactic acquaintance after Kirk. Not surprising, I suppose.Scott's earlier spoiler guess made me think about the events of Journey to Babel coming so soon after Amok Time. I think Spock is a very good sport for not throwing T'Pring up to his parents. "Nice pick, guys. Thanks."Nelson edged this one out. Your turn when you are ready.(That's an interesting take on Miranda and Kollos, by the way. I never considered it quite that way before.)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Of course, and T'Pau too! I knew it would be such an obvious one! Agreed, Spock has certainly been around and met many people, it would appear though without the list in front of me, that the Vulcan acquaintances are the largest number. That's a funny thought of Spock bringing up T'Pring to his parent while they were aboard! Perhaps they discussed it while Sarek is recovering. I was even considering Dr. Severin since he was One. And I would have considered Surak, even though he was the image of Surak. That was a good one Lee. It will take a day or two to prepare another question.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
In thinking of a question, I had been listening to some episodes and thought I found an interesting pattern, but actually it wasn't that much. I thought it seemed funny that Scotty had an assistant in engineering who didn't survive the episode! I thought there wasn't enough there for a question.So in the same vein as Lee's question, name all the non-crew members that McCoy either performed surgery on or spent time in a sickbay bed.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lee,

First off, that was a great question you posed. And I would not have gotten T'Pring without the hint, I don't think.

Nelson,

Charlie Evans
Dr. Van Gelder
Robert Johnson
Lazarus
Khan
Major Christopher
The unnamed(?) crewman in Arena (He is the one that says "There has to be a reason!" and is shown in a Sickbay bed. I don't think this is Kelowitz, but I may be mistaken.)
Aurelan
Lokai
Joey Tormolen
Dr. Lester(?) (I'm not sure if you'll count this one.)
Rizzo
Petri

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I think I probably just lost!Elaine JohnsonPeter KirkOdonaNot sure how you want to count Sargon, Thalassa and Henoch.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Crack my knuckles and swear to Heaven!I almost forgot to add Dr. Sevrin.(If it makes you feel any better, I am deeply ashamed of that terrible non-rhyme.)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That was fast guys! And all good answers.But first, regarding the assistants to Scotty, I had thought that Scotty had two different assistants named Watkins who was killed, but it was actually Watkins, John B killed by Losira, Watson in Elaan of Troyias killed by Kryton and Harper killed by M-5.Sarek counts. I don't recall actually seeing Elaine and upon checking, she was there in the other bed! And we do see Peter Kirk and Odona being treated.Scott, all your answers count, Petri, Khan, Lokai, Van Gelder, Lt. Harold (from Cestis 3), Lazarus, Capt Christopher, Aurelan, Robert Johnson and I forgot Joe Tormolan! I didn't count Charlie Evans because he wasn't being treated, just examined. Rizzo wasn't counted because he was a crewman. And Dr. Lester was an iffy one. That was her body, but inhabited by Kirk. So I wasn't sure where to go there. Technically, I guess it's her body being treated. So I'll allow it! I still have one more. And Scott is clearly in the lead!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
My score is a hopeless cause, but just to keep things accurate for the thousands of future historians reading this (hi, gang), wouldn't you have to exclude Joe Tormolen also?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Oh my gosh! You are right Lee about Tormolen! I saw Joe's name and thought, oh yeah, I forgot about him! But he is a crewman so he does not count.And I'm afraid Dr. Daystrom is in the same shape as his M5. Yes! He was the last one on my list. Perhaps someone will find another patient. For now, I have 6 for Lee and 10 for Scott. Dr. McCoy had plenty of work on his hands outside of his regular crew responsibilities. Scott, your turn!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, and the crazy Lenore. Was that filmed, or was that another scene like Karidian roaming the corridors that they ran out of time to film?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I see that site still won't play nice with iPads and iPhones. But I found the image with the guy holding the clapper. Thanks!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Not per se, but that is its greatest use. It allows the user to stream websites, which makes Flash possible. The interface is a little rough, but it does open up Flash possibilities on the iDevices.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,You're right, Rizzo and Tormolen should not count. I included Charlie Evans because I thought he spent time in a Sickbay bed, but now that you mention it I don't think he did.

Thanks for the name (Harold) above. I couldn't recall it, but as I was trying to think of what it might be, I kept saying to myself, "There has to be a name! There has to be a name!" ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Lee! That prompted me to do a very brief search and I see what it's all about. I saw Photon, cool name. And another one that is a web browser called Puffin Web browser. The need for flash seems to be becoming less a problem these days and I've not come across any sites recently that need it, other then Star Trek History. It's good to know though that Photon is an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks