What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (2 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay, thanks!I was just reading a thread on the Steve Hoffman forums that is an episode by episode review and discussion on TOS. I saw so etching that I had not heard or read of before. I may have read it, but forgot it.It said that The Naked Time was meant as a two parter. At the end, they go back in time further and the second part would be Tomorrow is Yesterday! This sounds familiar, but at the same time, sounds new to me!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
That's right. But they decided (wisely, I think) that it just wasn't necessary to connect the two stories. The first minute or two of Act I in Tomorrow is Yesterday seems more than adequate to set up the story.Are there any episodes that people had wished were two-part shows? I may simply lack imagination, but I can't think of any that needed more screen time. I can think of some that could have been padded to two parts, but none that would have been improved by it. How about you guys?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Incidentally, the new schedule for those These Are the Voyages books is Volume Two in October and Volume Three in January. So, delayed but still seem to have been written already.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I hope the delay for Vol 2 and 3 is not an omen.That's an interesting question about episodes that might have benefited from being two parts. I never thought of that before. Each episode seems to play out well and resolves nicely. The only thing I can imagine are cliff hanger type situations. Maybe Enterprise Incident when Spock gets caught? But then spend 50 minutes the next week trying to free him? Or maybe The City on the Edge of Forever. But that would ruin that one too.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, heads-up for you. Just got an email from Amazon. Amazon has a big Star Trek TOS sale, the blu-ray set of the entire series is $104.42. What a deal! Even Cyrano Jones and the bartender couldn't barter better! :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Scott, heads-up for you. Just got an email from Amazon. Amazon has a big Star Trek TOS sale, the blu-ray set of the entire series is $104.42. What a deal! Even Cyrano Jones and the bartender couldn't barter better! :)
Nelson,Thank you for the update. I am saving my pennies for the entire Murder, She Wrote collection (for my wife). I appreciate knowing this information, however. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson and Lee,Well, I wouldn't mind the remastered TOS DVDs some day, but whether or not they're blu-ray or not really doesn't matter all that much to me. But you both already knew that. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I can see you're an honest man!...Sure Scott, don't mean to be constantly trying to get you to spend more money on the blu rays!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"Space Commander Dominguez says we have supplies he urgently needs. "Caren 4? I know this is a starship base, so you are probably categorizing this similarly to Starbases. But I thought i'spd take a shot at it.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Yes, I was classifying that as a starbase. The two remaining are, to use the technical term, biggies. One is visited and one is mentioned throughout the episode.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I set you up and you didn't take it Lee! About the Urgent supplies. :)Okay, I can't believe these last two are so hard. It sounds like they are staring us right in the face.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"I remind you, Captain, I'm entirely opposed to this delay. Your mission is to get those emergency medical supplies to Makus Three in time for their transfer to the New Paris colonies. "I think I may have found one of the last two. The constant mention of Makus III may have been what through me off, plus Makus III was one of the earlier answers. New Paris is the answer, right? It's a separate colony from Makus based on the dialogue above." I know all about your authority." :)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
New Paris is definitely right! It was on my list and I got confused the same way you did, and somehow decided it was already guessed. But you're right--it wasn't. So there are still two left, but New Paris was a key one.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Book arrived. I only glanced at it because we have guests, but I will take a thorough look after everyone goes to sleep tonight. So far, it looks like a treasure trove, however. I can tell there is a lot of attention to people's specific contributions to individual scripts, which have been almost impossible to tease out before now.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Excellent! I shall have to place an order right after I read your thoughts on it. Looking forward to them. But not at the cost of your guests or beauty sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks