Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ockeghem, Mar 9, 2008.

1. FanCollector

FanCollector Producer

Lee
    Tricky! I hadn't considered them. But it seems like Ingraham B and maybe Theta Cygni XII could reasonably be assumed to be in the Federation. Levinius V can't be because if there was a Federation 200 years ago, Zefrem Cochrane would have heard of it.

2. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

I'll have re-view that scene and the dialogue. But I defer to your judgement on this one. I agree its a tricky one.This fun, in reviewing the planet names. Some are really cool names.

3. FanCollector

FanCollector Producer

Lee
    Yes, let me know if I got it wrong.

4. Nelson Au

"You're so obsessed!"Well, given that Argus X seemed uninhabited and Tycho IV had a antimatter bomb detonated on it, it wasn't inhabited either.But the Yorktown is sitting around waiting for the Enterprise once again to pick up a shipment of medicines for Theta VII.I haven't had a chance to review the dialogue in Operation Anihilate yet. But I can let it go.

5. FanCollector

FanCollector Producer

Lee
    Theta VII is right! I thought that would be a hard one.

6. Nelson Au

It was a hard one! I remembered the two planets they visited, Argus and Tycho. But then I remembered Enterprise has to rendezvous with the Yorktown. Then I figured it out.

7. Nelson Au

Berengaria VII may not have had Federation citizens where Spock saw a dragon, but Omicron Ceti III had a Federation colony. Was that already named?

8. Nelson Au

Oops, nevermind, I thought I had already mentioned Omicron.

9. Nelson Au

What about Rigel 12? And the Childress lithium mining colony.Rigel has come up often. Pike and the Enterprise visited Rigel 7, but that wasn't a Federation planet. And Mr. Hengist comes from Rigel 4, that might be a Federation planet.

10. FanCollector

FanCollector Producer

Lee
    I believe you mentioned Rigel as a system at the beginning, so I counted that for all of the legitimate Rigel answers.Not giving any individual hints, but just to give you a sense of it, of all the the remaining answers, we only actually SEE one of the planets. The rest are only mentioned.

11. FanCollector

FanCollector Producer

Lee
    On another subject (kind of), anyone interested in some early holiday cheer can check out the new Star Trek ornaments at any Hallmark store today and tomorrow. There's a Scotty one and a great scene from Arena with music.

Ockeghem likes this.
  12. Nelson Au

Thanks Lee, the Rigel system covers them all. Interesting that the writers may not have realized the variety of class M planets in the Rigel system. And thanks for the heads up on the Hallmark ornaments. Time for another purchase to add to the collection! I missed two, Mr. Khan and the Motion Picture Enteprrise. Had a bad year and forgot to get them! I'll have to check my collection and take stock of what's missing and try to find them.

13. FanCollector

FanCollector Producer

Lee
    I like the episode scene ones best. I'm glad they chose Arena this time. I wonder if Rigel is the most frequently mentioned star in Star Trek. That would be my off-the-top-of-my-head answer.

14. Nelson Au

I've always been partial to the ship ornaments Lee. :) It was fun one year to have a tree full of ships! That Rigel question would make a good question! I can think of several.

15. FanCollector

FanCollector Producer

Lee
    Your tree will be a little more crowded this year...in addition to the two ornaments I mentioned, they also have the U.S.S. Kelvin from the Abrams movie.

16. Nelson Au

I'm not a fan of the "JJprise", however I did like the design of the Kelvin and it's Motion Picture aesthetic from a Franz Joseph concept using TOS elements. So it's a nice homage to a non canon design. I was just going about wrapping up some stuff for the evening and had MeTV on. Thriller was being aired, two episodes, one after the other. I wasn't paying attention and I heard a familiar voice. Reggie Nalder! The episode was The Terror of Teakwood.

17. Nelson Au

What about Minara? A long shot I think. But two Federation scientists were there studying it.

18. FanCollector

FanCollector Producer

Lee
    Thriller was high on the creepiness quotient, making it a natural home for Reggie Nalder.No, I think Minara was pretty much a mystery to the Federation. Linke and Ozaba were there, but it seemed like it was much more temporary than a colony. Like Psi 2000, for example.

19. Ockeghem

Ockeghem Ockeghem

Scott D. Atwell
    Not that this has anything to do with the current trivia question, but I thought this image which I received from Facebook yesterday was quite nice:

[​IMG]

20. Nelson Au

Okay Lee, I thought Minara was a long shot! You are right about the creepiness factor! I've sampled about 4 or 5 episodes and they were pretty creepy! Very different from the other genre series at the time. There was one Jack the Ripper episode reminiscent of Wolf in the Fold with a less then positive ending! If they hold to broadcast order, Shatner's second appearance on the series is coming up and I was really curious to see it. I missed his first appearance. Scott, that's cool to see all 5 cast photos put together like that. I'm used to seeing them separate. One thing I never realized before, every crew's uniform has the arrowhead emblem except the Enterprise crew! Obviously they are pre Federation.

Ockeghem likes this.