What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (6 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

I like The Probe too. :) I initially tried to post a pic of the "Mikey" which also had an image of Capt. Kirk and "The Horta," but the hot link wasn't allowed. Here is a link to it for your perusal. It is the third pic contained in the link:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/crossovers.htm

My guess is that it was modified, especially since "Mikey" has what appears to be some arms and maybe even some legs.

OL-TheProbe6.jpeg

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That's a cool comparison picture of the Probe creature and the Horta. I'll have to find more images. The Horta does sort of have a head shape like the creature, except no legs. And the added red blobs.Thanks Scott, that website always has lots of interesting things like that.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I agree that it was at least a heavily modified version of the costume. But also the transition between black-and-white and color makes a big difference.Anybody here see Star Trek in black-and-white for any period of time? It's strange to think that the majority of viewers at the time were watching it without color. So hard to imagine doing Jerry Finnerman's job with both audiences in mind.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Like for the youth of today who grow up with the Internet and will never know a time without it, I grew up without it and actually had a black and white TV my parents let me use in my room! So I have seen Star Trek when I came home after school in black and white. But growing up, we always had a color TV in the living room. So in the 70's, I did see it in color. But the screen was small, 20" and not hi def!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lee,

That's a great point about the transition between b&w and color making a big difference.

We had b&w television until the late 1960s. I can recall quite vividly a few occasions when we were invited by our neighbors to watch a particular sporting event on their color televisions. Those were the days!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Nelson, did we live in the same house? I also had an old black-and-white television in my bedroom when I was a kid, so I did occasionally see Star Trek in b/w, but it was not my first exposure to the series.Just watched an episode of Mr. Lucky that happened to have been written by Gene Coon. Good episode, unsurprisingly.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Maybe you had my TV Lee?

I don't think I've ever seen Mr. Lucky, or consciously recall it. Out of curiousity, I just turned on MeTV to see what was on and I looked at the site to see when Mr. Lucky airs here. And to my surprise, I tune into the middle of a Marry Tyler Moore show episode from 1972. I've never seen Mary in re-runs more then once or twice and a very long time ago! I was surprised to see Mr. Carlin as a quest star. They are pairing it with The Dick Van Dyke Show. They must do the same in other parts of the country.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I think ME TV has a national schedule; it's just that some stations preempt some of the programming for local stuff. Which episode was it? The one at the HS reunion or the one where Rhoda might be moving to New York? I always love Jack Riley. MTM definitely had that Desilu guest star sharing thing going to some extent. The same faces popped up all around the studio, at least for the comedies in the '70s. The '80s MTM dramas' casting directors seemed more intent on going out in their own directions.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I saw her on a talk show about two months ago and she was doing well, considering. I don't know if that's changed since.Yes, the Medusans must be Federation members since they discuss plans for having Medusan navigators in Starfleet.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Although, to be fair, Kollos is the only guest who isn't at fault for anything. Not sure we have enough information to know if Kaferian apples come from a Federation planet.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
http://missionlogpodcast.com/discovereddocuments/047/OK. This isn't a shooting schedule; it's just a call sheet for day 5 of shooting The Immunity Syndrome. But check page 1 carefully. There are two short scenes featuring McCoy and Chapel scheduled for filming in the corridor outside the hangar deck. I don't remember any such scenes in the episode. Could they have been cut? What do you think they might have been?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I had to study that call sheet a bit to figure out how you deduced that Christine was in the corridor with McCoy. What sharp eyes you have! Perhaps it's time to pull out the James Blish adaptation to see if there is a sequence with Chapel and McCoy in the script that Blish was working with. It had to have been cut, to Majel's disappointment.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Could the Ceti Alpha star system have been part of the Federation? I don't think it was clear it was. Ceti Alpha V and VI certainly weren't inhabited.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
As far as we know, Ceti Alpha is uninhabited, and we haven't been counting those.Great idea about the Blish adaptation. No dice, as Christine only appears once in it (in sickbay), but that was the first thing to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks