What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (2 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
No one has a trivia question they'd like to submit if Scott isn't prepared to post one yet?I've got one, but I'm saving it for my turn.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Go right ahead and ask yours. I've been a bit busy lately.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay, looks like no one else wanted to jump in, so I have a couple of questions. One I'll save for later. This one is a throw away one, because it's kinda goofy.Kirk is always serious and a tough leader, as we recently discussed from that memo from 1968. That memo had concerns Kirk might be too chummy with the crew. So with that in mind; name the episodes Kirk actually has a real laugh.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
There may be a bunch of these, but I'll start with some of the more famous group laughs at the end of The Galileo Seven, The Trouble With Tribbles, and Shore Leave.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

Are you counting 'staged' laughter, such as what we might hear and see in I, Mudd and Day Of the Dove?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
And there is what TV Guide once referred to as his "machine gun chuckle," used in the company of such ladies as Lenore Karidian (The Conscience of the King) and Areel Shaw (Court Martial).

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'm laughing at the superior intellect! Great start guys!I was initially thinking of those episodes Lee when I was thinking about the question. I think The Galileo Seven example is the most notorious. And the Tribbles is a strong equal! Shore Leave too and all at Spock's expense! Initially I wasn't sure how to count the "staged" examples. Day of the Dove to me felt less staged and honest after they got going. And I think it counts. "And let us hear it for our poor dead friend!" was a staged example and I thought why not, he is laughing out loud!I'm not sure about the chuckles, I think they count, why not include them! But I can't recall those instances occurring. He's certainly having fun with those two lady's company. I'll have to look for the scenes. I'll take your word on those, (to quote James Gregory in PT-109 :) )I know of one more example, but I'm sure there are more then I am remembering!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Are you thinking of the scene where Miss Shaw saws that Cogley is defending Finney and would win, and Kirk replies that he wouldn't be surprised? Kirk's line is spoken with a slight chuckle as he speaks the line?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
He laughs with Lenore when he invites her to ditch the party, she says she has only just arrived, and he says "So have I." He laughs with Areel when they first meet at the bar and she is trying to discuss his case but he refuses to take it seriously.Mirror Kirk laughs in Mirror, Mirror. I don't think it counts; I just love remembering that scene.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay Lee, I can remember the Lenore scene. But I'm still not sure he laughs with Areel at the bar yet. :)I'll try to take a look at that scene later today.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
The scene with Areel is an interesting case, if I remember it correctly. My recollection is that he does laugh more than once but that when he does, they cut to Joan Marshall. See what you think. I remember seeing him shake and hearing the laugh, but it's only from the back because of the way the scene was edited. (I'll try to look at it again later too.)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay Lee, I'll have a look for the back of Kirks head and see if it looks like he's laughing.I forgot about Arena! Rank does have its privileges!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Nelson, no, no, no...The Federation can't get mixed up in a small-time trivia question like this!A Piece of the Action

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Holy moccasins! You are just pulling them out of the woodwork! Another example of Kirk joviality! Albeit as Kirok, it's a good one to add to the list. We've never seen Kirk as an expectant father before this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks