What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (12 Viewers)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
How about Tribbles and The Ultimate Computer? They would both apply, but I don't recall if Brent is the operator in one of them.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, you found two more I missed!Brent does indeed have his hands on the transporter controls in screen caps I just looked at on trekcore. Later he's petting a tribble.In The Ultimate Computer, as far as I can tell from watching the teaser, i can only see the transporter operator from the rear 3/4 view. It looks like Mr. Lemli! You found another one!So one point for Ultimate Computer. One more to go as far as I know. But perhaps another operator will be found!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Yes, Brent definitely operates the transporter on screen in Tribbles when Kirk and Spock beam down to the space station to check the storage compartments (after the food processor scene).How about Operation: Annihilate? The guy is there; do we see him do anything?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I don't doubt your word Lee. :)I'll have to see Operation Annihilate to see who performs the actual engineering of transport.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"I don't like my patients running around!"

I don't have the actual video with me of Operation Annihilate. So I looked at the screencaps over at trekcore. I always thought Scotty did the actual transporting. Here's what I see.:

View attachment 935
View attachment 936

The next shot is a close up of Scotty's hands.
View attachment 937

Looks like Leslie was there helping Scotty. Then later we see Brent and the Navigator guy now in a redshirt! No sure how to call this one yet. Leslie is there. And he gets a neck pinch too!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I stand corrected!

operationannihilatehd097.jpg

Another point!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Who beams everyone back in The Squire of Gothos? It isn't Spock or Scott and Kyle wasn't invented yet. It could be Leslie, Brent, or Galloway, but I don't remember them there.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"This game has gone on long enough!"I took a look at the scene in the transporter room after that seemingly impudent act. I do see a red shirted transporter operator. We don't see him actually press any buttons or slide the controls. But it is implied. Okay, I'll give that one to you, I missed another one! There's still one more on my list.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, if that was Leslie at the controls of the transporter, then he sure does get around as you say Lee. I forgot he's at the conn in the very next shot!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's very hard to tell whose back we see in the transporter room. It sort of looks like it might be Mr. Paskey. On the other hand, Mr. Paskey on the bridge looks like he got a fresh hair cut too! So it's possible it was shot on another day after a visit to the barbershop, if it is him! Based on the other actors used in the first season, it's possible it's Paskey, but it could be another guy too.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
It's our perpetual last answer, isn't it? The Alternative Factor. Lazarus knocks out that young guy and beams himself down, but then Kirk goes down to follow him and the guy has apparently recovered adequately.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Shoot! Missed another one!

I just watched that scene, that's a new guy. I guess he was dismissed for letting Lazarus get the better of him. Nice find. The Alternative Factor is the go to episode for hard answers to be found!

There's still one more person.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Now I'm in the position of remembering episodes that may apply, but may already have been taken out of the mix because they repeat an extra or stand-in taking the job. Who is at the controls in The Return of the Archons, The Omega Glory, and Elaan of Troyius?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, gosh darn it, you keep finding new ones! Not sure about Archons or Omega Glory yet, so I'll have to review those this evening.

But for sure Mr. Brent is at the controls beaming up Elaan. So that is a repeat.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Since Kyle only makes one third season appearance, Brent seems to take up a lot of the slack. I never thought about that before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks