What's new

Scorpion Releasing (new company that offers rare/obscure/campy flicks) (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Anyone who is on the fence about the film (like myself), having never seen it, and decides to buy a copy thinking it's a slasher film, will be disappointed. Scorpion should have just used the original 'Snapshot" title for the cover artwork. The market for these films is already very small and targeted - this sort of misleading advertising will only serve to further alienate those who are trying to keep blind buys to a minimum or are simply looking for one kind of film and end up getting something else.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The Day After Halloween is a Scorpion title I've been looking to for a long while, even if it's not really a slasher horror or a slasher horror at all. Also, I'm hoping Scorpion don't go and re-release some or all of their previous titles on Blu-ray (including July's titles).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Scorpion's 2-disc edition DVD release of Savage Streets (1984) is now available for DVD pre-order on Amazon.com.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Couple of Scorpion titles at the moment for November (source: DVD Aficionado):

American Nightmare (1983) - Tuesday 6th November
Death Ship (1980) - Tuesday 6th November (DVD and Blu-ray).

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
A little late for that Mark of Cain review - the DVD came out in February. It's one of Scorpion's poorer-looking transfers, with a harsh video-y look. Nevertheless, I have the disc and am happy I do.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Even if it's well after it's already been released, this review of Mark of Cain and Thrillkill was only put up on DVD Drive-In this week.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
WaveCrest said:
American Nightmare (1983) - Tuesday 6th November
Death Ship (1980) - Tuesday 6th November.
DEATH SHIP will also be available on blu-ray, as well as some other upcoming titles. Go to Rock!Shock!Pop! for an interview with Walter @ Scorpion!

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I read that interview twice to make sure I was reading it right. Very excxiting developments at Scorpion (and interesting learning about how Walter started the company). Never thought I'd see the day when Scorpion (or Code Red, for that matter) would make the jump. ALLEY CAT (which looks like it could be a companion piece to SAVAGE STREETS) and THE POWER are two of my most-wanted titles so, needless to say, I'm thrilled.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
WaveCrest said:
Death Ship (1980) - Tuesday 6th November.
Holy ^#$!!!!!!!
Count me in for this one. Should look AMAZING on Blu-Ray. Then I can retire my Japanese dvd.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by bgart13 /t/295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks/270#post_3951652
DEATH SHIP will also be available on blu-ray, as well as some other upcoming titles. Go to Rock!Shock!Pop! for an interview with Walter @ Scorpion!

Is it possible Ben if you could post a link here, to the Rock! Shock! Pop! interview with Walter from Scorpion Releasing please.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?2500-An-R!S!P!-Exclusive-Interview-With-Walter-Olsen-Of-Scorpion-Releasing!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Deathship is one of my favorite horror titles. Very atmospheric. I'm a little sad that this one won't be a Katarina title(I'd love to see her in HD, and learn some interesting trivia about the film) but I'm sure it will look great. The cover art for the Blu-Ray gave me chills. Sigh....November is so far away.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Interesting that Scorpion is considering a Twilight Time approach to some of its upcoming Blus...and that certain genre films that he knows the numbers on aren't selling all that well. It's a good company.

Roger Cee

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Roger Cotillion
THE FIFTH FLOOR is a Hickmar Productions/Film Ventures International (FVI) release. I wonder why Scorpion hasn't picked this one up considering MORTUARY, THE INCUBUS, DAY OF THE ANIMALS, KILL AND KILL AGAIN, THE POWER, HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW, DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE as well as several others already released are also owned by these companies, unless they already did and haven't mentioned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks