What's new

Scorpion Releasing 2-3 Blu-Rays/month:Tower of Evil,Tomboy, The Unseen, My Tutor (1 Viewer)

WadeM

Supporting Actor
From Scorpion Releasing via facebook:

So, if all goes well, we have not one, but 4 BluRay titles coming out from late July to end of August. Not too bad for a Indie label!Yes we are now going full on with BluRay releases, with anywhere from 2 to 3, maybe even 4 BluRay releases a month!
July 23rd
TOWER OF EVIL

August 6th
TOMBOY
August 13th
THE UNSEEN
August 20th
MY TUTOR
And maybe another one for August 27th! Releasing titles on BluRay is a major risk, so please support my BluRay releases whenever you can. Thanks!

WadeM

Supporting Actor
428124_174763742683085_1523025779_n.jpg

THE UNSEEN

A television reporter (Barbara Bach) and her two friends head to Solvang, California to cover a Danish festival. When there is a mix-up at the hotel and they are left without hotel rooms, the girls accept the invitation of a friendly museum owner to board at his large farmhouse because the rest of the motels in and around town are sold out. But unknown to the women, something is living in the basement of the house. Their stay soon becomes a horrific nightmare when, one by one, they encounter the 'unseen'.

181072_160003777492415_131301330_n.jpg

TOWER OF EVIL

A nude, crazed woman slaughters a sailor who visits the island. When she is taken back to civilization and an ancient relic is discovered, an expedition is mounted to solve the mystery of the island which leads to a series of psycho-sexual murders.

601612_160647960761330_1032594028_n.jpg

TOMBOY

Tomasina "Tommy" Boyd (Betsy Russell) has always been a tomboy. She'd rather tinker with cars and play baseball than dress up dolls. She tried to be the son her father always wanted. Now all grown up, Tommy works as a mechanic at Chester's garage. While working on racecars for racing entrepreneur Junior Leeds, she meets race car driver Randy Star. She is attracted to Randy and hopes for a romantic relationship when her race car driving skills are spotted by Junior and his partner. They offer Tommy a job racing against her new love, Randy. Who will win, and will the competition move this new romance across the finish line?

375002_172782086214584_1461175945_n.jpg

MY TUTOR

My Tutor is a 1983 comedy directed by George Bowers. It stars Matt Lattanzi, Caren Kaye, Kevin McCarthy and Crispin Glover. The film details high school graduates' attempts to lose their virginity during the summer vacation before leaving to college, and one's eventual relationship with his female French tutor.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Great titles! I'll add to my wish list. I have several of those on a multiset, but bluray will be fantastic for titles like these.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
The Unseen is probably my personal favorite of the bunch, so I'll definitely get that one.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Solid drive-in movie titles, and two I saw at a drive-in, wish you best of luck in your releases, and waiting to see what is next.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Code Red had The Unseen before. Is Scorpion Releasing doing a lot of their OOPS? I'd sure love another chance to get Messiah of Evil in good looking widescreen. I missed it before it went oop. Also, the adult Alice in Wonderland from 1976.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
dana martin said:
Solid drive-in movie titles, and two I saw at a drive-in, wish you best of luck in your releases, and waiting to see what is next.
I re-formatted the original post to be clear that it's not from me. I hope that Scorpion Releasing is successful.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Scorpion has the bd rights for THE UNSEEN, and Code Red has plans for MESSIAH OF EVIL on bd.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
428124_174763742683085_1523025779_n.jpg

MY TUTOR

My Tutor is a 1983 comedy directed by George Bowers. It stars Matt Lattanzi, Caren Kaye, Kevin McCarthy and Crispin Glover. The film details high school graduates' attempts to lose their virginity during the summer vacation before leaving to college, and one's eventual relationship with his female French tutor.
My Tutor (1983) looks like it went OOP at one time but keeps coming back up at Amazon (for around $34.99). I might be wise to snatch one up as the price was up around $235 when thought to be OOP.

Make a nice pairing with Private Lessons (1982).

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I'm digging this little label - I picked up Joysticks and Force: Five, and both looked great and had a reasonable amount of extras on them, especially considering that one was a Porkies/Meatballs knockoff with video games (that nobody had ever heard of) and a Enter The Dragon knockoff (that nobody had ever heard of). They're going on my list with Shout! and the others as being a label to watch out for.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
I've got several Scorpio releases (Firepower, Puppet on a Chain and the new release, Killer Force aka Diamond Mercenaries). They are all quality transfers. And I doubt any of these films get released outside of this label. They've got another release coming up Movie, Movie that I'm looking forward to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks