What's new

Sci-Fi Channel in HD (1 Viewer)

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Always thought Chef Cora was smokin' and that pic drives it home. (Even if it is airbrushed within an inch of it's life.)

oh...er....uh...Sci-Fi in HD....yeah....that's it.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Sadly I can confirm that although they call it Sci-Fi HD, they are showing the SD version of Battlestar Gallactica. It is 16x9 shown in a 4x3 window which means there are bars on all 4 sides and the picture is tiny. I can use the "zoom" function to fill the screen but since it is only an SD source, it looks crappy.

Is this a comcast thing, or an issue with the Sci-Fi channel?

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Not all of them. My Comcast feed went live on Monday. Last night I checked the season 4 episode shown at 10:00 or 11:00. It was in full screen HD, with Dolby 5.1 audio to boot. I didn't watch the episode since I only wanted to confirm, in my mind, that the season 5 opener would be in true HD.

I have no idea as to why the majority of BSG episodes were letterboxed. I was checking the channel frequently and was getting increasingly anxious until last night.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
My experience with Sci-Fi HD on Comcast is that anything new since they've started the HD feed has been in HD, but that's about it. So we'll get Tin Man in HD, but not last year's TV episodes. I'm pretty sure we'll get Battlestar in HD starting Friday, but I tend to be skeptical about anything a year old or more.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Just found out that Cox here in Oceanside CA added Sci-Fi HD. I know what I'll be checking out tonight. Fingers crossed for lots of real HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks