What's new

Scent of a New Audio Component (1 Viewer)

Fletch

Agent
I love the smell of a new piece of equipment fresh out of the box.It smells like--Victory.Just got some new stuff and was wondering if anyone else gets a little tingle from the odor?The first few hours they re on and cooking,oooh I like that too.

Fletch

Agent
Not the same.Different tingle.Besides,it has been so long since I have been in a new car.....I wonder what those new satelite radios smell like?

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I hate, hate, hate, the smell of burnt electronics and zinc thermal paste. It makes me think of stress and loss. Plus the burnt paste gets in your nails and it smells for days and the smoke smell gets on your clothes.
I love the smell of a freshly opened pack of gaming cards or collectable cards.
I love the smell of a burnt match. It gives me warm and good ole childhood memories. :)
Oh, and I hate the smell of centipedes, the oil gets on your hands and your hands stink after playing with them.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I love the smell of new electronics... particularly audio equipment for some reason... computers don't smell that attractive to me.

Since we're discussing smells:
But, my absolute favorite smell in the whole wide world is wet, hot concrete... not "freshly-poured-not-hard-yet" concrete, but "a-summer-rain-just-fell-on-the-sidewalk-and-now-the-sun-is-out" wet concrete.

I'll have to get back to you on the smell of centipedes.

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
I loved the smell of Victoria rail station in London. Went through there on the way to see Peter Pan at a theatre when I was a child. Every time I smell diesel, I'm carried back to the station of thirty years ago.

Funny how smells can evoke such strong memories.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Mmmmm...Volatile Organic Compounds.:)
I like that smell in the air just prior to the start of a thunderstorm. I'm not talking about the ozone from lightning, either.
Dial soap reminds me of my first days of boot camp- a shower and 20 mins of sleep, after being up for over 24 hours, followed by 36 additional hours of no-sleep hell. Not a pleasant reminder.:)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
my guess is that new electronics smell has something to do with the solvents used in the manufacture of the circuit boards? and new car smell is something similar.
me I prefer the smell of Mom's cooking... :D

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I dunno what it was, but I bought a new XBox S controller and it was one of the best things I've ever smelled :)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
I was just in a store the other day surrounded by receivers. I immediately turned and told my wife how much I love the smell. Great stuff.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
New car smell is nice, but it's expensive! :rolleyes
I can't say that I've ever experienced new airplane smell, nor am I likely to in this lifetime, unless it's an airliner or something. How about new boat smell? Can't say I've experienced that either.
I enjoy the smell of new gear, especially receivers and speakers. DVD/CD players don't seem to smell as much for some reason. I can't remember if my tank of a DVP-S9000ES had a smell when I unboxed it two years ago, but given its build I bet it had a nice smell! :)
As for new computer smell, I prefer the new laptop smell personally. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks