What's new

Scene It DVD Board Game (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
First off this is my first post but I've been a long time lurker. Anyways I saw this today while I was doing some shopping and was wondering if anybody here has it or has tried the game. I'm thinking about asking for it for xmas and was wondering if it was worth my time. I checked out the official site and it seems pretty good but since I haven't played it I'm still undecided.

Also I noticed on the official site that the game uses the Optreve technology for the randomness of the clips. How do I tell if my player can use this technology?

Any comments would be great.

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
Funny you should ask Roger- I received this for my birthday and will be playing it tonight! I'll let you know what I think of it tomorrow...

Jimmy

Scotty_McW

Second Unit

Same thing here. No one will play it with me anymore. If they do, I have to be the only one on my team and they handycap how much my piece can move. But it's still a fun game!

RogerH

Supporting Actor
This game does sound pretty good. I have a feeling my buddies will probably gang up on me too :) Look forward to your thoughts about it Jimmy.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, as with most specific types of knowledge games (e.g. Star Wars Trivial Pursuit) it's only fun if everyone has equal knowledge. It might be fun to waste everyone, but only the first time.

Anyone ever play Bible Outburst? If anyone has played regular Outburst, the dynamic is basically the exact opposite.

"Name the daughters of Methuselah."

(contestants look awkwardly at each other then watch the sand drain from the hourglass)

"Okay, next card..."

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I noticed that there is a deluxe edition as well does this include the expansion pack or is the bonus dvd something else?

The sequel pack is called deluxe as well so if anybody has both game + sequel pack maybe they can answer it.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Also I noticed on the official site that the game uses the Optreve technology for the randomness of the clips. How do I tell if my player can use this technology?

They just mention the "Optreve" thing to make it sound fancy. No special hardware is required.

I have the game. I too tend to win most of the time, but it's always fun. I can't wait to get the James Bond edition!

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I've heard good things about this game in the past, but have personally never played it. However, this year they are releasing a "Turner Classic Movies" edition of the game, and I may have to check that one out since my TV is pretty much stuck on that channel. I have the same concern as many though, and that is that I won't be able to find anyone to play with, especially after the first butt-kicking that I commence. My family & I usually play trivia games over the holidays, and they always have to handicap me.

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
I played the game last night with my wife and Father-In-Law. We played the short version to get a feel for it. Approximately 20-30 minutes later I emerged victorious. We played the short version a second time and it went just as quickly.

It was a lot of fun but I imagine it might be more enjoyable with a larger crowd. Preferably a larger, somewhat inebriated crowd. There is a good variety of questions and challenges, not all requiring you and your guests to focus your attention on the tv.

When you do go to the disc, the challenges are a bit more devious than simply naming a movie from a clip. For instance, We had a clip from "Working Girls" featuring Melanie Griffith and Harrison Ford talking at a bar. After a fairly lengthy clip, we were asked, "What color was Harrison Ford's watchband?" I think it may have been visible briefly at the beginning of the clip. You really have to pay attention to the details.

For anyone who loves and really knows movies, this game is a lot of fun!

Recommended!

Jimmy

ElAhrai

Stunt Coordinator
I love this game. We play this at the schools where I work during the finals, since there is no final for the TV classes.

The kids in the class usually gang up on me, but it's still a lot of fun, even when they pretty well whip me.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Sounds great Jimmy I think I might ask for this for xmas
smile.gif
. Did you get the regular version or the deluxe? Also did you get the sequel pack?

RogerH

Supporting Actor
The more I read about this game the more it sounds like its the game for me. Even my buddies while not movie nuts watch alot as well so this seems like the prefect game for them as well.

ElAhrai

Stunt Coordinator
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Name the daughters of Methuselah."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummmmm.....Paris & Nicky?

LOL!

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
I've got this game + an expansion pack. Really lot of fun to play. I've also got the Disney version and the Junior version. Saw the 007 version at barnes & noble last night but didn't want to shell out the $60 it was tagged as!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I also beat the family pretty soundly when we play, though my wife still loves it anyway. I think one of its strong points is that some questions are of the "color of the watchband" variety and that you can never tell what question will follow a certain type of clip. That helps give non-film buff types a chance to compete.

I didn't realize there were even more versions out, maybe I get the deluxe set for my wife this Xmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks