What's new

Scariest TV Episodes... (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I absolutely LOVE American Horror Story (Asylum being my favorite season so far), but it's never really scared me. Disturbed me, yes. But never really scared me. I did have one edge of my seat suspense moment though in Asylum when
Mother Claudia helped Lana escape and she had to sneak past Threadson and take the long walk out to the cab.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Todd,Do you happen to know if that was the first of the 'talking doll horror' television episodes from any series? I don't recall seeing it in any film either, but there may be some examples out there.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
The "Home" episode of The X-Files is definitely scary, as are several from Millennium (any with the "Man-Dog Beast" vision).

There is an Outer Limits episode from the 1980s that I always thought was creepy -- "The Shadow." Those who have seen it know what I mean.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Kevin Hewell said:
"Trilogy of Terror" with the Zuni doll scared the crap out of me back in the '70s.
An 8yo recently asked me what;s the scariest movie I'd ever seen. It took me about 10 seconds to come up with my
top 3 -- Halloween which I saw in college when it first came out, Rosemary's Baby which I think I saw on TV in the mid 70's
and the Karen Black part of the Trilogy of Terror (Chucky ain't got nothing on that doll).

Only later did i think of Alien and some of the old Night Gallery and Twilight zone episodes, so I think this is a turn your frontal lobes
off and let the Amygdyla talk question..

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Kevin Hewell said:
"Trilogy of Terror" with the Zuni doll scared the crap out of me back in the '70s.
I've never seen it, but have heard about it for decades. I was about 14 when it was shown, but have never been able to find it, even with DVDs, internet sites, etc.

Might be kind of a lame question, but is there a source somewhere so I can finally see this?

mackjay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
Stan said:
I've never seen it, but have heard about it for decades. I was about 14 when it was shown, but have never been able to find it, even with DVDs, internet sites, etc.

Might be kind of a lame question, but is there a source somewhere so I can finally see this?
It's on Youtube:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I saw Trilogy of Terror when it was originally broadcast and the Zuni doll segment just scared the heck out of me. Hostile animated dolls have always creeped me out. "The Doll" from season 1 of Night Gallery really got to me. I think it was the teeth on the doll that really unnerved me.

- Walter.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Walter,For me, it was the teeth and the sound effect as it moved across the floor and then attacked its victim. I find dolls in general unnerving when they are used in horror films or stories. Some of the series created by R. L. Stine (e.g., Goosebumps, The Haunting Hour, etc.) use them frequently and they are fairly creepy in those shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks