SCARFACE Limited Edition Humidor on 9/6/11- Artwork

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Universal sent us new artwork for the upcoming Scarface Limited Edition

“First you get the money” and then you get the limited edition SCARFACE-themed humidor when it arrives on September 9, 2011.

2. Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann Supporting Actor

Edmund Lachmann
    How about the 1932 Paul Muni classic "Scarface" in blu-ray. Do we get that with the damned humidor. If so, I'll buy it.

3. TheHutt

TheHutt Agent

The original Scarface is supplied - but, alas, only on DVD.

4. Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann Supporting Actor

Edmund Lachmann
    Perhaps only Paramount really has any respect for the classic fan who would buy these jumbo

special editions. They certainly stepped up to the plate with a blu-ray of the 1923 "Ten Commandments" included in the big split box. Only this made it a must buy for me. No blu of "Magnificent Ambersons" in the new "Kane" box? No blu of the 1925 version in the upcoming "Ben-Hur" box? They certainly lost me as a customer for these deluxe editions. Have some respect for your those who would buy your big boxes. We're buying blu-rays for a reason. At least the people at Kino and Criterion seem to understand this. The regular, bare bones blu-ray editions will do me just fine.

5. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Producer

Why should Warner include The Magnificent Ambersons in a Citizen Kane boxset?

6. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Producer
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg

The question isn't why should they include it (although I think the reasoning is that it's Welles' second film, also made for RKO, and thus under Warner control) - the question is, why are they including a copy of Ambersons on DVD in a Blu-ray box set?

7. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Producer

8. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Producer
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    Totally agree with you on Ten Commandments - I wanted all of the disc content from the box set, without the toys, and wasn't willing to pay for just the stand-alone movie without the rest of the discs. So I'll either wait for some sort of clearance down the road, whether it be months or years, or I'll rent the BD next time I want to see it.

The only time I've ever bought a box like that just to get an extra disc was for Blade Runner - and I regret that now, because I got a Blu-ray player months later and you didn't need to buy the box to get all of the discs in the Blu-ray set.