What's new

Say it ain't so: Kobe Bryant arrested for felony sexual assault? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Without knowing the full details of this incident and whether it's true or not, it sounds like another example as to why celebrities need to be very careful in how they deal with the general public because they put themselves at great risk.

Crawdaddy

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, considering what an ass he's been every time he's back in Philly, dissing his roots I say "slap the cuffs on", the Big Ego needs to be taken down a few pegs, assuming that he is guilty. If not, he still needs t obe taken down, just not like this

BrandonM

Stunt Coordinator
Kobe has been nothing but respectful in regard to the way he treats Philly fans. He has always spoken with great appreciation for the time he spent growing up in Philadelphia and he even wore a Sixers jersey at the media session before the all-star game. Of course that didn't stop the classless Philly fans from booing their local product during the acutal game. I never saw Kobe do anything to deserve that treatment and your assessment of his current situation is disturbing.

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Since none of this is confirmed, you can't believe a word. This woman could be lying and exagerrating out of her ass just so that she can recieve a very large out of court settlement.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
Normally I'm LOCK EM UP! with celebrities and athletes, but with everything Ive seen about Bryant Ill have to go with the sceptically wait and see camp.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
This is unbelievable. If I was a betting man, I'd be in the 'spurned groupie seeks revenge' camp. This just does not sound like Kobe. But again, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
What a shock! Pro-athletes don't do these kinds of things.

Sarcasm aside, I would not be surprised one bit if he is guilty of this. On the flip side, I would not be surprised either if the alleged victim is only doing this because she can target a celebrity for a cash settlement.

I've seen various pro-athletes out and about in Pittsburgh and have seen them canoodling women who I know are not their wives.

I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but infidelity is part of the lifestyle that most (not all) pro-athletes lead.

Hunter P

Screenwriter

:laugh: OK so Kobe is guilty because athletes, rock stars, actors, etc have a rep of womanizing?

(Brian, you are right. Kobe has never been poor. His father was a pro player in the NBA and Italian leagues. His mother is an attorney. Maybe they weren't rich but they were certainly well off.)

I am willing to bet my paycheck that the case will be dismissed. The details of the charge still haven't been disclosed and I still bet that this charge is bull. I agree that this is outside of Kobe's reputation.

If I were him, I would sue the woman afterwards for defamation of character. His endorsement deals are on the line.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Hunter, lets hope you're right and he'll sue her. Of course if she doesn't have anything of value, I guess he won't get much right?

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Regardless of what damages he's awarded in an eventual defamation lawsuit, a favorable ruling would be all he'd need to truly clear his name.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Of course that didn't stop the classless Philly fans from booing their local product during the acutal game. I never saw Kobe do anything to deserve that treatment and your assessment of his current situation is disturbing.
Because you don't live in Philly, of course you never saw him do anything. Frankly the Sixers deserved to be booed for not winning and for pre-empting quality programming like Buffy.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Patrick I hate professional sports. I hate professional sports stars that believe the world is suppoed to treat them like gods even more. And that's how Kobe acts every time he's back here.

I'm done on the subject, but I suggest you look up back stories on http://www.phillynews.com for some of the stuff he pulls

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks