What's new

Saw on Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

JGiampa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Giampa
I just purchased and watched Saw. Looked very grainy, I wasn't very impressed at all.

Anyone else watch Saw on BD?

Joe

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I have not purchased that movie yet, but I am wondering what player you have? Do you have the Samsung or Panasonic? I actually was plan on owning all three on Bluray after I purchase the Panasonic player.

JGiampa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Giampa
I am actually using a PS3, and am viewing it on a Samsung 56 inch 1080p DLP.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Yeah, there's a lot of grain, especially during the darker scenes with Lawrence and Adam in the room. I would think it's intentional, because it seems like "Saw" looked kind of grimy or dirty even in theaters.

I think it pretty much replicates the source material pretty well, and some shots actually look very good to my eyes.

Keith E

Stunt Coordinator

I agree with this statement, "Saw" is a movie that has that intentional dirty look that is a perfect match to the subject mater of the movie.

Ian Currie

Stunt Coordinator
I actually think it's one of the stronger Blu-ray titles. I love the look of this film. It's got a gritty look, but the grain doesn't interfere with detail - in contrast to Pearl Harbor where excessive grain mars detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks