Saw on Blu Ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by JGiampa, Jan 3, 2007.

1. JGiampa

JGiampa Stunt Coordinator

I just purchased and watched Saw. Looked very grainy, I wasn't very impressed at all.

Anyone else watch Saw on BD?

Joe

2. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Producer
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    I have not purchased that movie yet, but I am wondering what player you have? Do you have the Samsung or Panasonic? I actually was plan on owning all three on Bluray after I purchase the Panasonic player.

3. JGiampa

JGiampa Stunt Coordinator

I am actually using a PS3, and am viewing it on a Samsung 56 inch 1080p DLP.

4. BrettGallman

BrettGallman Screenwriter

Yeah, there's a lot of grain, especially during the darker scenes with Lawrence and Adam in the room. I would think it's intentional, because it seems like "Saw" looked kind of grimy or dirty even in theaters.

I think it pretty much replicates the source material pretty well, and some shots actually look very good to my eyes.

5. Keith E

Keith E Stunt Coordinator

I agree with this statement, "Saw" is a movie that has that intentional dirty look that is a perfect match to the subject mater of the movie.

6. Ian Currie

Ian Currie Stunt Coordinator

I actually think it's one of the stronger Blu-ray titles. I love the look of this film. It's got a gritty look, but the grain doesn't interfere with detail - in contrast to Pearl Harbor where excessive grain mars detail.