Saw II Uncut Reviews?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chris Tedesco, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Chris Tedesco

Chris Tedesco Second Unit

I haven't seen and information on what they put back in this movie. Also, I recall with the first one, they improved the transfer. I am wondering if anyone knows if they did the same for this new release?

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I didn't buy it but the packaging says it's a new transfer. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. [​IMG]

3. David Dias

David Dias Stunt Coordinator

DVDTalk.com has a review for it, check it out. I never owned the first DVD release of this movie so for me it was a no-brainer, I just wish it had a free ticket for SAW III.

4. Brian L D

Brian L D Agent

I noticed that the package shows that it's presented at 1.78:1 instead of 1.85:1 ratio. I recall that they did this with the previous release which upset some people (myself included). I was hoping they would have corrected this for the new special edition release.

5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Many 2.35 DVDs aren't presented at exactly 2.35 so I don't know why a 1.85 movie being shown at 1.78 would bother anyone.

6. WillG

WillG Producer

This is a very common practice in DVD. Warner and Paramount slightly open up their 1.85:1 films to 1.78:1 for DVD. I guess since those studios do not state numeric aspect ratios in their specs, it goes unnoticed by many. But just know that Saw II is not an isolated occurence.

7. Shawn DuHast

Shawn DuHast Stunt Coordinator