What's new

Saving Grace - season 2 (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
(NOTE: The following was originally part of the season 1 thread.)

This thread didn't get much action after the initial comments, did it?

I stayed with the show all the way through the first season, despite misgivings such as those outlined above, and I'm glad I did. The show turned out to be more about character than religion, and Earle became just one more mystery in the world -- less a proof of a divine plan than another question mark as to whether there really is one. And the writers kept pushing Grace's character further into darkness.

The second season begins tonight, and I at least want to see what happens with the cliffhanger where we left things. "I'm just FedEx delivering the message." Now that's a great line, especially when the "message" is about as clear as mud.

M.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Michael:

I am looking forward to this starting back up tonight. First up The Closer and then this. I love the fact that they don't have any type of agenda or message built into the show. It is just about one character dealing with issues in her life and how she handles the curve balls that are thrown at her.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Got to go along with the latter 2 opinions on this show. It took a few shows to hit its stride, but the show came together and exploded about mid season last year. HH is amazing and this role is as deep and complex as it comes.

TNT has 2 amazing shows (and stars) in tonight Double Feature. I don't watch a lot of episodic TV, but these 2 are just about as good as it comes -- though I still prefer House, Dexter, and BSG to either but that's about it.

I love Mary McDonnell;s work on Battlestar, by Holly Hunter's performance in the Season 1 closer is going to be difficult to top for the Emmy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I split the posts between season 1 and season 2 just to keep things a little cleaner.

I still need to finish up about 4 episodes from season 1 to get caught up for this new season.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Patrick, you definitely don't want to start season 2 until you've seen the end of the first season. The last episode covers some crucial ground.

M.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

I don't think that needs to be dignified with an.........oh, all right.

It's very doubtful, Holly seems to have zero body fat. There are some downsides to that.

Wouldn't miss the show for anything.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I continue to be amazed by Ms. Hunter.
How many times have I seen people breaking into song in non-musicals and thought, "This is awful..."
I was thinking none of that when Amy Madigan, standing over her husband's corpse, started in on "I'm Your Venus" and Holly joined in. It was so naturalistic, two great actors at the top of their game.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
I have no way of watching the show since I'm not a US resident, but before I venture a blind buy let me ask this: How much of the show is continuative storyline and how much is stand-alone procedural, case-of-the-week?

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

I thought everything was available if you just go to the correct website.

Have you checked the IMDB site and read the Saving Grace episode guide?
That will give you some idea of the nature of the episodes.
The show is set in Oklahoma City and these are cops who lost friends and were involved in the rescue and recovery of victims of the bombing there.
The cast is top notch, the writing excellent.
You'll laugh, you'll cry.
Buy the DVD.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'd say it's an quite interesting mix of Case of the Week most shows with a number of ongoing story arcs mainly centered around Grace and Earle.

I'd say definitely worth the effort though the first 1/3 of season 1 was a bit slow to get enough of the pieces in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks