Save up to 50% on Blu-ray on Amazon.com

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by chris_clem, Mar 15, 2008.

1. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

Amazon has a sale on selected titles on Blu-ray. Not sure how much more you actually save though...

Amazon.com: Blu-ray up to 53% off

Still naively waiting for another BoGo....

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I haven't personally seen the ad yet but according to rumor, there's going to be a buy one get one sale on select titles at Target next week.

3. RomanSohor

RomanSohor Second Unit

I just ordered Rescue Me Season 3 for pretty close to what I was gonna pay for it on DVD if I went out this afternoon to try and find it, so I'm happy. I managed to snag Seasons 1 & 2 for $19.99 Each at Target.

4. jumbotron

jumbotron Agent

I really would like to buy the die hards on blu ray, but I already own 1-3 on DVD and it is hard to justify to myself to repurchase them... I dunno are any of you guys having this same issue.

5. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard

I am in the same position and won't replace them with Blu-ray versions. I have been looking for a deal on the 4th film on Blu-ray without luck so far. I have sold a couple DVD's that I replaced with Blu-ray versions and the price I got for the DVD's was hardly worth the walk to the mailbox, much less help cover the cost of the Blu-ray version.

Chris

6. RomanSohor

RomanSohor Second Unit

So tomorrow I'll be going to Target to get Ratatouille... and something else.. I would like to get either PotC3 or Simpsons, but I have them both on SD... which one is more worth the upgrade?

7. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I had the same 'predicament'. I plan on picking up Ratatouille and The Simpsons Movie. Pirates seems a pretty safe bet for a 3 movie box set at some point in time so I'm just going to keep my SD copies of those until that is released. Although The Simpsons Movie is probably a lock for a re-release whenever they put out a sequel.

8. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I have the Die hards on DVD as well, but I classify them among my favourite films. As I want my favourites in the best format possible, repurchasing them on Blu was a non-issue for me. It also helped that I purchased them during the last BOGO that Amazon had and that I got another discount taken when they reduced prices for them even further before the 30 day price guarantee passed. [​IMG]

9. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

Do they offer these deals online? I went to target.com but apparently their Bluray selection says "brought to you by amazon.com". Maybe an amazon bogo will happen as well?

10. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard
  11. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately they jacked up the price to $29.99 and then made it Buy one take one (on very few items too!). If you had to buy it in the store, you'd be paying tax and I'm not sure if you actually come out ahead after that...

12. TonyTone

TonyTone Supporting Actor

IMHO--$15 each for some decently-rated BD movies ain't that bad a deal; I for one ain't complaining about the Target deal, as it allowed me to purchase 300 and 3:10 to Yuma--both top-notch movies in the BD PQ and/or audio-quality department.

13. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW

I wouldn't call it "jacked up" (just for this sale anyway) since that's probably their regular price at the local store. On some other occasion when I wanted to buy a title locally w/out any special sale, I found the local store price to be different from the online price -- and apparently, Target does not match prices between local store and online for whatever reasons.

_Man_