What's new

Saturday Night Live Season36 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm with Patrick and Jeremiah -- that was a pretty good episode. I don't remember the last time I laughed so much at two SNL shows in a single month (this one and the Jim Carrey episode).

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
The Dana Carvey show was very funny--it was like a flashback to the '80's/90's!!! Church Chat and Wayne's World were great, although I never liked Jon Lovitz that much. It reminded me of how much I used to like SNL.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
It was odd that it took a cast member from 15 years ago to make the show very funny again. Dana Carvey is a real talent. He was born to be an SNL cast member. It was also just great to see an actor on the show who didn't clearly stare at cue cards all night long. I hope to see him more often on TV after such a long hiatus.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Now that was a funny, funny episode. So cool to see Dana Carvey, Mike Meyers and Jon Lovitz on the same stage again. The opening monolog song was awesome. They even used a couple of voiceover's from Phil Hartman (I so miss him).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I only saw the Church Lady sketch, but I enjoyed it. I am going to have to look up the other skits online.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Russell Brand definitely brought an energy that's too often missing. I'm really starting to like the new guy who played Eminem and the DJ in the "Living Single" sketch.

I'll also admit that "A Spot of Tea" made me chuckle hard, for such a bludgeoningly-stupid premise.

Stefon is always awesome. Hader not being able to keep a straight face makes it just that much better. Him busting up is starting to become the central joke of the character.

But as long as they keep coming up with stuff like "Booooooooof," "Jew-pids," and "Fuji Howser M.D.," I'll roll with it.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Donyougorouninrountorero had me howling. I watch tons of UK TV and movies, and Bill Hader was absolutely spot on.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Is anybody looking fowward to Miley Cyrus tonight? I wonder if she willl parody her ahow (like SNL already does?). It should be amusing anyway.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Originally Posted by xfile94

Is anybody looking fowward to Miley Cyrus tonight? I wonder if she willl parody her ahow (like SNL already does?). It should be amusing anyway.

She's not on until 3/5. Reruns for the next two weeks.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I wonder too whether the recent tiff with her dad will factor in to things. Maybe it was all a publicity stunt.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
I saw that. I thought the new show would have been last night. The Ann Hathaway show is next week. Why are there are so many weeks of reruns?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It only takes three or four straights weeks of running a live show before the writers and cast get burned out. That's the reason for the frequent reruns.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Tonight is finally the show. I hope the show is funny, but I won't expect anything because that usually causes disappointment.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Last night's show was a common failure. The Miley Cyrus show had her playing Justin Beiber. The highlight for me was Bill Hader doing Charlie Sheen. He might not look just like him, but he sounded exactly like him. Of course there were plenty Sheen jokes to go around--they picked a good time to show a new one.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Just terrible. Outside of the intro, there wasn't a single watchable skit left. The news was "OK", but I hate the "Second hand news" character. And who the heck decided anyone liked the french dancing sketch, which seems like a "we have no idea and no one who can deliver any lines" it is HORRIBLE

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Wow, we must have been watching different shows! I laughed at every skit including the cold open, which has been consistently terrible all year. Not a big fan of Miley, but her Justin Bieber was spot on, and the Disney Child Actor sketch was LOL and dead on satire. The talk with the two other Black Eyed Peas got big laughs from me. There weren't any insta-classic viral sketches for me, although I wouldn't be surprised if everyone talks about the Bieber impersonation today. All in all a good, more than solid show for me. Funny WU as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks