What's new

Saturday Night Live: Season 38 (NBC) (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Maybe the dullest episode of snl I can ever remember. Nothing seemed to work for me at all with Vince Vaughn...

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
mattCR said:
Maybe the dullest episode of snl I can ever remember. Nothing seemed to work for me at all with Vince Vaughn...
Just goes to show how different we all our - I can think of much worse episodes of SNL than this past one. For instance, last week with Melissa McCarthy I thought was awful as was the Kevin Hart episode.

The history of Punk sketch was awesome. I thought the last sketch with VV and Kat McKinnon in the bar at last call was pretty funny.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The Melissa McCarthy one was also not very good.. The Justin Timberlake one was the last "good" ep this season so far

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I thought the Zach Galifianakis episode this weekend was one of the best episodes I've seen in quite a while. It produced some good laughs for me.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I did like them doing the same sketch twice a good bit, with the first one a "stand in" and the second one Jon Hamm that they pasted in. That was an interesting idea.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
I did like them doing the same sketch twice a good bit, with the first one a "stand in" and the second one Jon Hamm that they pasted in. That was an interesting idea.
The second time had all the edits that he suggested during the first run - including starting again from "entertainment" and some other things.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Have to admit I fell asleep off and on after Weekend Update. I've never really found ZG that funny anyway, so that was probably part of it. I did enjoy "The Game of Game of Thrones" though.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
I actually fell asleep during the open. Oh well, I'll catch a rerun. :)
I watched it on nbc.com There did not appear to be anything edited out of the streaming version. You should also be able to catch it on hulu

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
mattCR said:
Bill Hader announced he is leaving SNL.
Too bad. He's probably the funniest of the current cast. No more Stefon, no more James Carville, no more Vincent Price Halloween Specials. :(

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
Bill Hader announced he is leaving SNL.
So, that's why it was goodbye to Stefon on the Weekend Update. It was quite a goodbye.

Meanwhile, two skits were left out of the streaming version online - the camp skit (with a small snippet of a song) and the cops skit (with the Cops "Bad Boys" ending it).

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Was it me or was Ben Affleck reading horribly from the cue cards? I know they all do it...but, he was just not good at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks