What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 35 premiering Sept. 26 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Hello, Betty...

CNN is now saying that SNL has reached out to Betty White to host SNL, and this will apparently happen. Talk about turning an internet viral campaign into a spot, and maybe some good press for SNL.

(updates at all the sites above)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well, Abe wasn't in 4 movies last year, and he's not booked for another set this year.. Betty White made herself an option by staying constantly working.

That having been said, considering how god awful some of the hosts have been, I'd take Betty White over most of the options this year. She's definitely better then say, Charles Barkley.

I admit, I'm still a great fan of Mary Tyler Moore and my wife is an adamant Golden Girls fan.

SNL would do far worse then to have someone host who is actually funny.

She sold all of her bits in "Proposal" and hell, she was great on "Boston Legal".
Compared to say, the disastrous January Jones? Yeah, I'll take Betty White :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As much as I love Betty, I have serious doubts about the ability of the SNL writers to generate material worthy of her talents.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

As much as I love Betty, I have serious doubts about the ability of the SNL writers to generate material worthy of her talents.
Yeah, but that's true of any talented performer.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Betty White booked to host May 8.

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b171220_facebook_ftw_betty_white_host_saturday.html

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Really? Because between the taped segment with Zack everywhere and the Bidet sketch, it was already better than the Jennifer Lopez episode. And since I hadn't heard any of his recent stand-up material, the monologue had me howling.

I thought it was odd that Zack was in two or three sketches where his character had no dialog.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ChristopherG

The monologue was excellent, but the kissing family at the funeral was ill-conceived.
That is a relatively new recurring sketch. They've had that family at least once before this season.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
The kissing family has been on about 4 times. The funeral was the first one where they weren't at home. It's no worse than the other stuff on the show.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lockwood

The kissing family has been on about 4 times. The funeral was the first one where they weren't at home. It's no worse than the other stuff on the show.
Like getting trampled by a rampaging elephant is "no worse" than getting trampled by a charging rhino. :)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I thought Tina Fey did a nice job this weekend. That Justin Bieber looked amazingly young. My 15-year old son looks older than him.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
For as absolutely terrible as the last few weeks have been (and I'm sorry, but Kei$ha's performance is bad on an unbelievable scale) I have hope tonight that at least Betty White can deliver a punchline.

BTW, for the humorous terrible nature:

http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/2010/04/19/um-how-awful-was-kehas-performance-on-snl-this-past-weekend/

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by mattCR

Easily the funniest, and potentially the filthiest, episode of SNL this year.

Forget this year, try since at least 6-10 years back at least. Betty White rocked tonight and she still has it. She is one class act no matter what era she has been in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks