What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 35 premiering Sept. 26 (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It's been confirmed that Megan Fox will be hosting the premier episode of the 35th season of Saturday Night Live!!!
Here's some info on the cast members I stole from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Live_(season_35)
  • Fred Armisen appeared on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon in July. During which Jimmy Fallon mentioned the season premiere date for SNL, which Fred mentioned as well. It can be inferred that Fred will return this season.
  • Abby Elliott confirmed she would be coming back. [6]
  • Will Forte will return, according to an article from Mediaite.com [7]
  • Bill Hader confirmed his return to SNL in an article by Kate Hogan for People.[8]
  • Seth Meyers has been confirmed to return as head writer and anchor of Weekend Update.[9]
  • Bobby Moynihan confirmed his return to SNL in an interview with Matt Cohen from Bagged & Boarded.[10]
  • Andy Samberg confirmed his return to SNL in July 2009 during an interview at Comic Con.[11]
  • Kristen Wiig appears with Meyers in the preview for the 2009-10 season of Weekend Update Thursday.[12]
Darrell Hammond[*]Jason Sudeikis[*]Kenan Thompson[*]Michaela Watkins[*]Casey Wilson[/list]
With the first SNL film since what, The Ladies Man, in production in MacGruber, Will Forte will hopefully have his big mainstream break. Kristen Wiig I think is becoming the top castmember, being in tons of features as well Bill Hader and Andy Samberg also being in criticially acclaimed films over the last couple of years. I definately hope Jason Sudeikis and Kenan Thompson remain cast members, Jason is a funny guy and Kenan definately has a wide range of hilarious characters and uniquely funny impressions. Plus, I've liked him since I was about 7 or 8.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Everyone, please calm down with all your postings... There's enough to go around. ;0

Here's some good news that I stole from http://m.perezhilton.com/detail/blog/64892/

" Saturday Night Live will be adding at least two new female members to its cast this season!

The rumored lucky ladies include local El Lay actress Nasim Pedrad and New York comedian Jenny Slate.

NBC and Lorne Michaels are keeping hush-hush about any new casting, but that is norm for Lorne as he tends to wait till the final hours to confirm or deny arrivals and departures on the show.

Are U excited for the new season of SNL?"

Nasim appears to be the first Iranian-American castmember and she's a UCB alumni!!!
http://www.niacouncil.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1490&Itemid=2

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
You had me at Megan Fox. ;)

I really hope Darrell doesn't come back but according to an interview he's in negotiations. He really needs to get out of there. Will and Seth have worn out their welcome too, but at least they haven't been there for more than a decade. Of the unconfirmed ones, Michaela's the only one I really want back.

I know Jenny Slate from those VH1 "I Love the __s" type shows...not a fan.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/09/04/exclusive-michaela-watkins-shocked-by-snl-firing/

You are not going to be happy, then, Anthony, as reports are coming out that both Michaela Watkins and Casey Wilson have been fired from SNL.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The only explanation I got from him — and he’s not known to say things just to make people feel better — was that he felt deep down that I should have my own show.

So basically, she was fired because she was too good for SNL? I'll agree with that but it's kind of ass-backwards.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Not a big fan of Casey, not too sad to see her go. A shame about Micheala, she was pretty funny, but I suspect she was let go to make way for younger, hotter female cast members. I'm expecting some questionable wardrobe decisions this year.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Biiiiitch, pleeeeze!
I have to admit that I'm very upset with these firings. Is it budget cuts like a few years ago? Is it an effort to weed down the cast to make more time for each member?
Yes, Darrel can do a good Donald Trump and Dick Cheney, but I for one eck out loud when he makes his first appearance 2 sketches from the last. I've liked him for years, but dangit.
Casey - I understand a little - she's not really had that many original characters, but she does a fantastic Rachel Ray and I got to rewatch her Katy Perry last Saturday and it was'nt that bad.
As for Ms. Watson - it's an utter shock. She is too damn funny for her own good. Maybe she's being overshadowed by the amazing Kirsten Wiig, it's entirely possible. It's just lame that SNL can't have TWO amazing standouts who happen to be female at the same time. I'll watch whatever show she lands on.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Their is a report that Casey Wilson was fired because she didn't loose 30lbs over the summer. I kid you not.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I heard that as well Todd, it's almost unbelievable. Could she sue? It sounds terrible.

Kinda reminds me of her former SNL castmate Kirsten Wiig in Knocked Up...
Katherine:are you saying you want me to loose weight
Guy: No, no, no. Legally we can't say that.
Kirsten:Tighter, tighter.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
"And to clarify, the issue isn't that I'm too fat, it's that I'm too phat. Can I get a WHAT-WHAT!"
I believe it's material like this that led to her dismissal.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Tonight Bill Hader was on The Tonight Show when Conan comfirmed that a new up and coming Irish band intitled, "U2" will be the musical guest on the season premiere on the 26th.

Oh, and remember that THIS Thursday SNL Thursday Update will be premiering! I can't wait!

Kinda funny that currently "Biiiitch Pleeeze" is on the main page:
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/

RyanAn

Screenwriter
PerezHilton.com is "reporting" that Madonna will be the musical guest sometime this season

Only 5 days until the premiere!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It appears that U2 is tonight's musical guest for the season premiere for SNL tonight with host Megan Fox.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
I heard that and was amused--what really upset me was U2's choice of songs. I love their music, but 2 non-singles and one song from the Achtung Baby era?
Just my opinion, but I've seen much better.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Haha...yeah I caught that F-bomb...had to rewind it to make sure. Poor girl...not a great start to an SNL career!

I was also disappointed in the U2 song choice. I mean, they have dozens of top hits to choose from! Ah well...the boys still sounded great.

Nothing else too interesting on the show. Ms. Fox is one of the hottest women in Hollywood, yet with different hair and makeup she was merely luke-warm (in appearance) in many skits.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I'm not one of those people who complains about how SNL "used to be funnier" (I roll my eyes at the thread shitters who seem compelled to point exactly which cast was the last good cast) so I say this as someone who loves the show and looks forward to it every week:

That was colossal suckage.

Really? You had the entire summer and that was it? I assume most of the rejected skits started with the premise, "Megan, you're a hot chick who stands around looking pretty", because most of the aired ones started exactly that way.

The umpteenth Wayne's World reboot was stunningly unfunny, although stunning is the operative word -- here's a higher quality version of the f-bomb goof:

slatef.jpg

I could go skit by skit and denote which ones sucked, but a blanket, "it sucked" saves a lot of typing. Judy Grimes may be more impressive than funny, but it was the only Weekend Update highlight. Bladdivan commercial was a little funny. Live Lounge had a few yucks. The Transformers Digital Short had a coupe of yucks. The rest of it was forgettable garbage.

You know, Michael Phelps was a total stiff as a host, but at least last year's premiere didn't feature the laziest writing this side of Family Matters.

Oh, and I love U2, but I haven't listened to any of their post-Pop albums. I skipped their performances.

And oh yeah, Megan Fox's Marilyn Monroe forearm tattoo? Distracting and a bit nauseating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks