What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 34 (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I loved NPH (except for the lame Air Traffic Controller sketch) but tonight's is painful. Worst episode of the season, although Rosario's a better host than Michael Phelps (not really fair since a blade of grass would've been a better host than Phelps).

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
The show was bad. Patricia Wigg is a standout, but they're starting to overuse her. Please, I beg you, don't make "Gilly" a regular sketch.

I liked the Aladdin sketch, and La Policia Mexicana was somewhat funny but went on a little long.

Seth Meyer needs a cohost on Weekend Update. He's ok but it's not that good with just him.

& If they really don't have a good idea for a Digital Short, they should just not have one.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

I loved the absurdity of this week's
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The Mexican police one was good, but that's about it. Bad bad show this week. I've liked Wiig a lot, but lately she's been appearing way too much and her characters haven't been good.

The band was great, though.

~T

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Has anyone been watching SNL lately? The shows with Brad Whitford and Bradley Cooper were pretty bad, but I'm hoping next week's show with Alec Baldwin will be funny.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

When was Bradley Whitford the host? I've watched every episode this season (at least, I thought I had), and don't recall him

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
It was last week? or week before. It wasn't memorable at all-- I'm almost sure of this. Maybe it was Bradley Cooper I was thinking of. Sorry if I said something untrue,

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
No, Bradley Whitford did not host this season (or any other season I'm aware of). But I also confused the names and thought it was Whitford when they announced that Bradley Cooper was hosting. Like, I've seen Cooper in movies and TV shows (like Kitchen Confidential), but I don't know him by name.

There were a few okay sketches (Today with Hoda and Kathy Lee is a solid sketch so far), but nothing really memorably funny. I guess it was to cleanse the palate between Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Although did anyone see Steve Martin's episode? As much as I love him, it was one of the weakest shows of the season. When his musical performance is the best thing about the show, that is saying something.

DrBenway

Auditioning
Real Name
John Egan
So the show hosted by the guy I've never heard of is much better than the one hosted by Steve Martin. Seth is more confident on the news and he managed a good Really?! on his own. Wiig is a genius but I would like to see more of the other gals.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
What was up with the Baldwin episode? Only sketch I laughed at was the Wii and then there must have been some timing issues to run three previously used commercial spoofs.

DrBenway

Auditioning
Real Name
John Egan
No classics but I enjoyed it overall. Michaela Watkins is coming to the fore and she gave snarky bloggers a taste of their own. The Vincent Price special was well done but I remember who those people are. The Wii bit was rather MADTV for anyone who misses that show. I thought the Jonas Brothers acting was better than their music but I'm not a 14 year old girl. (Excepting MySpace of course.)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I come from a mixed marriage. I am a Repub and my wife is a Dem. We both thought that skit about the Repub congressman was not funny. And its not because I am a Repub...I enjoyed the Tina Fay/Palin skits.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The only skit that I really liked a lot was the Vincent Price bit, although the early-'80s Jonases in the Digital Short cracked me up.

(Can you tell I'm not in my 20s anymore? ;) )

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Did anyone like The Rock last night? I thought he was pretty funny, especially the Obama/Incredible Hulk sketch. Why was Jessica Biel on Weekend Update ?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
She was supposed to be Jessica Rabbit, who (according to the WU story) was recently voted "the sexiest female cartoon character of all time." Justin Timberlake also appeared in the same piece as a nerdy fanboy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks