What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 33 (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I am not much for Divas but you guys are missing the boat with Mariah - her songs were great and...I am sorry but I don't see how anyone with a pulse (male or female) can't see that she is hawt!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I guess if you find troll dolls hot:

I say, troll doll, hooker's outfit, fake boobs = Mariah Carey.

HAWT!!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Plus, her new song sounds exactly the same as the last three songs she released.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
If she was, she really thought it out.
Right before one of the choruses, she draw back the force of her voice and started fiddling with her earpiece, like she couldn't hear the feed well enough to sing with confidence.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
You should probably stick to AI SAB because this was a stretch by anyone's standards. Not your best work by a long shot. in fact you might be gone next week.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Really? I think it's pretty spot-on. They both indeed look a little "plastic."

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Kristen Wiig is killing me.
Thought I might die laughing at the "Surprise Party" routine. Her energy level is amazing. All that and she's a hotty.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was glad Wiig didn't cut herself going through through the brittle glass windows not once, but twice.

The Walken reunion was kinda funny as it gave the entire cast (except Casey) a chance to show off their Walken accent).

Laser cats and dogs just got sillier and sillier.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Overall, I thought this was actually a pretty strong episode. And as usual, the highlight was the digital short. "Laser Cats," is simply brilliant. I especially liked the 21-cat salute at the end...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I hate that it's got to the point where no one bothers to try to remember their lines anymore (except for the new girl Casey, it seems), so the skits are almost better listened to, than watched.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Did everyone else get censored during the Greased Lightning skit?
Or was it just here in Salt Lake?

It is bad enough the NBC affiliate here is owned by the Mormon Church and wont even show SNL. I have to watch it on the local CW channel in SD. But now it seems that even the CW channel is censoring things now?

I never knew Cream was a bad word!!!!

Banana Cream Pie!!!!! There, I said it. Screw you Censors!!!!!

Dan M

Second Unit
no censorship here

I thought the show was pretty funny throughout. Walken constantly kept his eyes glued to the teleprompter thingy but his oddball delivery is just so surreal that you can't help but laugh.

The only weak skit was the gardening tips at the end IMO

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
How did the skit get censored by the CW? Did they cut out parts? Interesting that they were censoring a skit about censoring. :)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy

To give a bit of credit to the players, re-writes happen up until airtime (and often, during the show), so it's almost impossible for the players to memorize their lines. Thus, the need to use cue-cards.

Been that way since the beginning.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thomas; they muted out the word "Cream" everytime one of them said it.

The line in the song is: "You are supreme, the chicks'll cream, for grease lightning". But every time they said the word "Cream", the audio was cut off.

And I couldnt stand how Chrstopher W. never looked at the other actors. It was real bad. I think this should be his last time on this show.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The writing was really good for this episode but I think Walken blew how great the entire show could've been.

Wiig did a great job with her Sue character, and I'd really like to see that be a recurring character.

~T

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
What's with the sudden Walken hatred? Most hosts can't (and shouldn't) get away with obvious cue card reading, but he just has this way about him that makes it hysterical.

I hated the surprise party sketch. Especially because you know that we'll see the same character back by the end of the season. I loved most of the show though.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I find it interesting that people are complaining about cue card reading. As Randy already pointed out reading the lines is the way it has always been.

In fact I remember reading that Janeane Garofalo kind of got slammed by the other players because she made such a big deal about trying to learn lines and complained that others did not.

I thought the directing was particularly bad this episode. Better directing can really hide card reading.

Also, for me the Laser Cats shtick is old, it is time to retire that vehicle.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The problem with Walken is that he mostly only made eye contact with the cue cards; there was hardly any effort to once in a while make eye contact or address the other characters in the sketches like other hosts have done.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks