What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 32 (2 Viewers)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

who?

why would you think it was her.
she wasnt on the show was she?

i thought it was c*** in a box. sounds funnier if i think it that way

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I know last nite's was a repeat but I gotta say that Wiig as one of the a-holes just really does something to me... Last nite had the first one I ever saw of her as the character when they went tree shopping.

:)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So I'm curious about this particular attraction to Wiig as an a-hole. I'm assuming it's mostly about how she's dressed and made up (and perhaps the gum chewing). So does all that fit into the type of woman you're attracted to or is it so outside of it that it becomes an opposites attract kind of thing? Generally I find Wiig attractive, but her a-hole character doesn't make me think her any more or less so.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I mentioned this before, but for me, it's the wig. It complements her facial structure really well. It gives her a kind of "Jennifer Aniston" look.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Yep, what Mark said. She's always attractive but the a-hole sketch look is great for her.

And of course, the way she says "You look like a rabbit" is such a turn-on. ;)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I'll try..
Wiig is an absoulte chameleon. Compare her a-hole character to her "My Aunt..." movie reviewer on weekend update or her Target salesclerk one. Wig aside (pun intended...) she just looks like a completely different person each time. Her body language as well. It's pretty amazing actually...
Ok, the a-hole thing...
I am from NYC (currently live in Berkeley) but I used to work part time as a trainer in manhattan and there were ALOT of girls who went to my gym that were EXACTLY like that! I mean, exactly! Some of them were nice, (though hideously self absorbed, and for awhile many did have that exact same Jennifer Aniston hairdo!) but many were just like the character. I don't know, perhaps it's because to them I was not considered much of a "catch" as I was a struggling musician/actor who worked backstage at a broadway theater and at a gym to pay the bills and they all seemed to want a 2 carat diamond ring, a share in the hamptons, co-op in Murray Hill... I don't know. I'm SURE it's ME but I just find her as that character ridiculously, unbelievably hot...

but I'm nuts.

:)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Thanks, that was what I was wondering with my question, since your comments seemed to suggest there was something "extra" at work besides just a good wig and make-up. It makes sense - a geek wanting the cheerleader type of thing. Or Gunther wanting Rachel :).

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

The Justin "Member in a Box" skit is included in it's entiity in the episode download at iTunes, but is the beeped version :-(

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

Oooooh, I hear ya Dave, I hear ya. I've been fighting it for too long but your courage has shown me that I, too can come out and say I goss the hots for Mrs. A-Hole. Kristen Wiig does it for me in 12 different ways. I felt ashamed for being so attracted to such an A-hole but now, now I have hope that I'm not alone.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This is why "nice" people never have a chance. Everyone's attracted to the A-holes. ;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Interesting timing for this re-run what with recent landmark events with Pelosi and Hussein.

I've been anticipating this to re-air so I can add it to my collection.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The first time this episode aired, I wasn't able to catch it until the skit where Wiig and Baldwin were in the car. So, the beginning of the cold opening had me thinking that it was a new episode.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
It's pathetic that they even bleeped "Dick in a box" considering how late it aired. This shows how stupid and arbitrary the rules are.

They could have had Andy Dick on the show, put him in a box, and rapped about "Dick in a box" without being bleeped. Then they could have added Dick Clark and Courteney Cox and rapped about having "a box full of Dicks and Cox" without bleeps.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Kinda like how you can only say "Jesus Christ" if you are actually referring to him.

But I guess the rules have got to cut off at some point...

It's the old "Last row of the expensive seats" phenomenon: You are in the 20th row, and you paid just as much money as the people in the front row, but the people DIRECTLY behind you paid like $20-$30 less for their tickets. :D

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
tangent but one of the writers of the video clips, "lazy sunday" etc... His father works with us here at a theater in Berkeley!!!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Law & Order Master Class was brilliant. All fans of the series should watch this for a huge laugh.

A couple of other amusing things, most not one of the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks