What's new

Saturday Night Live: Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, TVshowsonDVD has gotten the interior art work for season 3. Here's it is:

Saturday Night Live DVD news: Package Art for Saturday Night Live - The Complete 3rd Season: Limited Edition | TVShowsOnDVD.com

I can't wait to get this set. I'm really enjoying these complete season releases. I'm really, really hoping that we get season 4 by the end of the year so that next year I can complete my collection with season 5.

Love the picture of Roseanne Roseannadanna on the cover of the booklet. The post cards are kind of cool. Anyway, great looking set. Just as good as the first two releases.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm still working my way through season 2 (which has been excellent) but I'm really looking forward to this. I hope they go with the box style of season 1 again though--the construction was a lot better. But if slightly lesser packaging is a necessity to get these out, them bring 'em on. And I preferred the cast shots on the discs but again, no big deal.

On an SNL board I go to, someone made a mock ad for season 6 that really makes me want all of these shows, even the non-Lorne years (and I really want the Billy Crystal/Martin Short season, especially after rewatching the 80s special that was released on DVD this week). I wonder if that release was intended as a possible test to see if there was interest in full 80s seasons on DVD?

I used to say that the show should be released out of order just for variety, but if they do a two-a-year schedule, chronological is fine. But please, bring on the Phil Hartman years!

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian

I think you might be right about that. I know that I'm stopping once season 5 is released even though I did watch a lot of SNL in the 80s. It just wasn't the same for me after the original cast left. I found myself liking the show less and less with each passing year.

That mock ad is great. Too funny.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I theorized that myself in another thread. I want to see those seasons released so I bought a copy. I'm sure the presense of Eddie Murphy could make them sell. Billy Crystal, Martin Short, Julia Louis Dreyfuss and even (to a lesser extent) Jim Belushi would make the "All Star" season very viable as well. I do recall the comedy being more broad in those seasons which pisses off a lot of fans of the first 5 seasons, but I think would make the show more enjoyable for a lot of people. It may be sacrilige to say but I do admit that I can find it difficult to get into some of the material that I have seen so far from Seasons one and two. Probabaly because I don't "get" a lot of the context surrounding the material.

I really do hope those seasons get released. Although it wouldn't necessarily break my heart if they decided to skip ahead to the Carvey/Hartman years.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I'm betting that if Season Six gets released you'll see Eddie front & center on the cover. Perhaps along with Joe. I think that's the only way they'll get fans to look twice at that season.

Bill Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill Robertson
Still making my way through Season 2 and just found out about this release. Like the look of the deluxe box however, I hope it holds up better than my season 2 set - I opened mine after having it delivered by Amazon to the UK only to find that the retainer doo-hickey for the last disc is busted and leaves poor old Garrett Morris floating loose around in the box

texboil

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Robbins
I want the sixth season mainly for the season's final show, which I've never seen in repeats.

Maybe somebody could clear up any inaccuracies in my SNL history, but I believe after Doumanian was fired, SNL was pulled off the air for a month. The first show back featured host Chevy Chase and I believe a hodgepodge of old cast members not yet fired and a couple of new ones. Thanks to a writers' strike, it was the last show of the season and turned out to be the last show with any of Doumanian's cast except of course Piscopo and Murphy.

I would love to see a sixth season with some commentaries describing in gory detail the hell that was that season. Of course, I'd love to have commentaries on the "original" cast's shows, but that doesn't appear to be a possibility.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I now have the first two seasons(fantastic), and plan to get this one soon. Also with season 4 coming out later this year I'm pretty happy.

I'd gladly buy through the 15th season. Does anyone think all seasons will be released on dvd? ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks