What's new

Saturday Morning Cartoons You'd like to be on DVD (1 Viewer)

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
David, on andymangels.com "Bravestarr: The Legend (feature film)" changed to "The Best of Bravestarr and Bravestarr: The Legend (feature film)"...can you confirm or deny if it was indeed expanded to include a few episodes from the television series?

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas

Awesome, are fans voting on the episodes or does "Busta Toons" get the pressure of selecting the best?
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
"Calling all Space Ghost fans" :) I have a question about the upcoming release. Is this the same series as the mid-60's show that had 2 teen-agers in the story, "Jan" and "Jace"? Or is that a later version of this show? I'm curious since I don't recall a "Dino Boy" in the show that I saw in the 60's but I do remember the 2 teen-agers alongside Space Ghost.

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas

You know I'm not sure why BCI isn't putting out Uncle Croc's Block. They are putting out Fraidy Cat in sets of "cat" themed collections with Waldo Kitty, but I just checked entertainmentrights.com and they also have the worldwide rights to Wacky and Packy and MUSH, so perhaps David can fill us in why they opted to release Fraidy Cat elsewhere instead of the Croc's Block together....maybe they just didn't think those other segments would sell?

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
THE AMAZING CHAN AND THE CHAN CLAN
GOOBER AND THE GHOST CHASERS
JABBERJAW
HONG KONG PHOOEY
SCOOBY ALL STAR LAUGH A LYMPICS
THE HAIR BEAR BUNCH
KID POWER

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator
19060's Marvel Superheroes
1960's Fantastic Four
Laff-A-Lympics
Spider-Woman
1981 (solo) Spider-Man
Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends
1980's Incredible Hulk
The Mighty Orbots
Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians

Hey David,
You once said you bug your acquistions guys about getting the Marvel cartoons...but has there ever been an actual attempt to get them from Disney? Since you guys got D&D from them, I'm curious as to if they would let the Marvel cartoons go for the right price.

Mark Y

Screenwriter

I wonder about this myself...have those segments been shown anywhere since the original network run? To my knowledge, they were never on VHS/Beta, and when those cartoons were included as part of the syndicated "Groovy Goolies And Friends," it was JUST the cartoons and nothing else. I wonder if they even exist...

Hey, any hints about the Archie shows coming to DVD?

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas

Entertainment Rights apparently has the rights to all of this stuff too, but its not slated on andymangels.com for BCI releases. I think Archie Comics has released some DVDs on its website, they probably got the license from ER themselves, though why they dont hae the rights to this stuff to begin with makes zero sense.

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
More Superfriends, vintage Spider-Man (80's), and from the 90's:

Freakazoid
more Tick animated DVDs!!!

Anyone remeber "Kid's Super-Power Hour with Shazam"? I have fairly vague memoried of watching that every Saturday morning. It's probably awful, but I liked it when I was seven...

David Levine

Supporting Actor

We have Hero High - The Complete Series coming out in May. That's the "non-Shazam" part of Kid Super Power Hour (although animated Shazam, Mary Marvel and Isis all appear in episodes). Special Features include the Live Action segments of the Hero High kids, including them singing the theme song.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Well, of course I would like to see ALL of Reboot released on DVD. I also wouldn't mind seeing The ABC Saturday Super-Star Movies again.

And, though it's not really a Saturday Morning cartoon, I would really like them to release all of X-Men: Evolution in season sets like they did with season three.

Coruscant

Auditioning
Real Name
Victor
Hanna Barbera >>
Drak Pack, Fonz and the Happy Days Gang, Pac Man, Space Stars

Ruby-Spears >>
Thundarr the Barbarian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks