What's new

Saturday Morning Cartoons You'd like to be on DVD (1 Viewer)

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Superfriends - Legendary Super Powers Show and Galactic Guardians.
Thundarr the Barbarian.
M.A.S.K. (An afternoon cartoon, not Sat. AM)
Kidd Video.
Spiderman and His Amazing Friends.
Scooby's All Star Laff A Lympics.
Pac Man.
Wildfire.
Teenwolf.
Harlem Globetrotters.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Pirates of Dark Water - One of the last great cartoons not aimed specifically at kids. Great artwork and language that doesn't talk down to its audience

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Most of mine have been mentioned:

Thundarr
Every incarnation of any comic book superhero :)
Visionaries !!!!!
Dino-Rider !!!!!
Herculoids

Saturday morning used to be so great. :frowning:

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the original "Archies", "Everything's Archies", "Archies Funhouse", "U.S. of Archies". All the Archies greatest hits appeared in those shows. I wish they would release every episode ever made to DVD already!

Mark Y

Screenwriter

I am guessing this will be forthcoming, somewhere down the line, given how one by one, most of the Filmation library has been coming out through Ink & Paint. Thing about the Archie shows is though, the show ran for so long in so many different incarnations...it's one thing to do a one-shot set like "Groovy Goolies," but would they "break even" with the complete Archies released over several sets?

I have the four DVDs already available, which are pretty much a "grab bag sampler" of the various Archie shows...would love to see something comprehensive...

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

I'm really enjoying the Ghost Busters DVD set. It was great to see the old bumpers tossed in as bonus features. I'm eager for the Isis collection.

How come BCI has no plans for Uncle Croc's Bloc? Charles Nelson Reilly's documentary should be out soon.

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
I think I remember reading that Disney owns the X-Men cartoon series from the 1990s. I cannot understand why they didn't try to put this out on DVD last summer to capitalize off the X3 movie. Seemed like a no-brainer to me (and judging from the video quality of their animated tv releases) with not much effort involved.

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator
60s:
Marvel Superheroes
Aquaman
The Adventures of Superboy
Batman

70s:
Shazam (Live-action)
Super Friends
The All New Superfriends Hour
The World's Greatest Superfriends
Laff-A-Lympics
The Great Grape Ape Show
Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle

80s:
Space Stars (mainly the 80s Space Ghost & Herculoids cartoons)
The Superfriends
Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends
The Incredible Hulk
Thundarr The Barbarian
Gilligan's Planet
The Dukes
Beetlejuice
Muppet Babies

90s:
Spider-Man
X-Men

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Some of the Archies have been on dvd for some time. I bought these four dvd's about 3 years ago.

As for the early 90's X-men toons I'd love to get them and the 90's Spider-Man. I have "Spider-Man: The Ultimate Villain Showdown" and "Spider-Man: The Return of the Green Goblin" too. I bought the 90's "X-men: The Phoenix Saga" on DVD about 5 years ago. X-Men: The Legend Of Wolverine is still available. I want Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends too.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I would love more episodes of the Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers. They released 4 volumes of 4 episodes each. And then stopped.

I also would love Exosquad. The entire series was a long story arc. And characters even died.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Archie Comics doesn't do much in the way of nostalgia. They do quietly put out reprints of classic stuff from the 40s-70s, but not often and not regularly. I think they don't want the older versions of those characters floating around and conflicting with the current versions in the comic books. I think that may be part of the reason why we've not seen much Archie stuff on dvd.

And what happened to the Krofft shows? We got a few of them and I thought the rest would pop out, maybe one or two a year. But...nothing. It's been quite a while since we saw Bugaloos. I thought for sure we'd get Far Out Space Nuts, Dr. Shrinker and the rest. But no...Does anyone know what's going on there?

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
Sealab 2020

Electra Woman and Dyna Girl

Jeannie (cartoon version of I Dream Of Jeannie)

Dr. Shrinker

Harlem Globetrotters

Shazam! (live action)

Isis(Live action) It is supposed to be coming but until the official anouncement, it is listed.

The Archies (just learned about some being available, will have to check it out)

The Brady Kids (Buying the entire series will get you at least one episode but I want a seperate release)

Emergency+4

Tarzan Lord Of The Jungle

The New Adventures of Gilligan

and more :)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Animated:

THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN (1968)
BEANY & CECIL (all the episodes not included in the OOP Image DVD)
HOPPITY HOOPER (Jay Ward series)
PIXIE & DIXIE & MR. JINKS

Live-Action:

DR. SHRINKER

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks