What's new

Saturday Morning Cartoons You'd like to be on DVD (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
As all of you who grew up in the 1960s and 70s probably know by now, most of the cartoons they show on TV these days just don't "Cut It" the way the old ones used to. Some Strides have been made, but Many More are "Out There" languishing in "Limbo". Lets have some input on what you'd like to see released. You can mention "Live-Action" shows as well as Animated. Here's a few I'd like to see.

FROM HANNA BARBERA

The Adventures of Gulliver

The Adventures of Huck Finn

FROM FILMATION

Fantastic Four (The Original )

Fantastic Voyage

LIVE-ACTION

Run Joe Run!

Westwind

What are your Choices!

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I want to see complete releases of the rest of the Krofft shows, including the ones featured on the Krofft Supershow:
Dr. Shrinker
Lost Saucer
Far Out Space Nuts
Wonder Bug
Bigfoot and Wildboy
Magic Mongo

I also want to see Scooby's All Star Laff-a-Lympics and Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends (given the new movie coming in May somebody missed the boat on this).

FrankPitt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frank
Here's my lengthy wish list (which includes some shows you've already mentioned). I'd be surprised to see more than three of these make it to DVD:

Animated:
Fantastic Four ('60s version)
Josie and the Pussycats
Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space
The New Adventures of Gilligan
Gilligan's Planet
Fantastic Voyage
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Valley of the Dinosaurs
The Brady Kids
Jeannie (based on I Dream of...)
The Real Ghostbusters (in season sets/complete volumes)

Live Action:
The Kids from C.A.P.E.R. (I still have their album!)
Dr. Shrinker
The Lost Saucer
Big John/Little John

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
besides the Krofft stuff, it'd be great to have Uncle Croc, The Beatle, Hot Dog with Woody Allen, anything with the '70s Harlem Globetrotters.

DanFe

Second Unit
Ah, the good old days of Saturday morning cartoons. Still remember the big previews they would give on Friday nights for those cartoons and how I would spend all Saturday morning long between 7 and 12 watching them. Long before cable. Sadly, those days are gone with Cartoon Network. Saturday mornings were special; now they're just another stretch of Newsweek programs, etc.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Cartoon network is "Gone" too, they show few (If any) of the Classics anymore. :frowning:

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Superfriends
All New Superfriends Hour
Legendary Super Powers
Galactic Guardians
Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure
Batman/Superman Hour
Fantastic Voyage
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle
Herculoids
Moby Dick and the Mighty Mightor

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I would like to see the Saturday morning bumpers included, from the individual networks.

*sings* "After these messages, we're be right back" - from ABC

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Anyone remember "Shazzan!"? It was about a genie and 2 teen-agers.

Herculoids

Space Ghost (the original). I think that's unconfirmed for 07/17 at TSoD

I think that's about all on my want list. I'm not too much of an animation fan. I already have one of my all-time favs, the original Jonny Quest, and the Flintstones, Jetsons, and all of the Looney Tunes Collections.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The Flintstone Comedy Hour (remember the Shmoo?)
The Smurfs
ABC Weekend Special (loved the episode of Miss Switch)

Mary_P

Second Unit
Wow, there are two of us.... Who knew? ;)

I don't recall the show as being very *good*, but I liked the bubblegum music, and the campy sense of humor. 'Course, the way things have been going with music licensing lately, it'd probably be released with all the musical "romps" missing.... *sigh*

paste

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David

From what I understand the rights for the show are in some sort of limbo. About 15 years or so ago, the show's main director and writer, tried to do something with the series and there were some rights problems with it and it never got off the ground. There are a couple of clips on Youtube, but I would love to see the show get a full release.

Thanks to BCI, Rhino, and Warner, a lot of my favorites have been released or are at least scheduled to be released. Besides some of the shows already mentioned (Hot Dog, Big John, Little John, etc...), I would love to see:

Monster Squad
Red Hand Gang
Muggsy
Hot Hero Sandwich
Thunder
Search & Rescue
Bailey's Comets
Tarzan
the various Super 7 segments
Krofft Superstar Hour (with the Bay City Rollers)

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas

There's nothing unconfirmed about it. You can preorder it at warnerbros.com (and amazon as well) ....

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
Herculoids was the first one to pop into my mind. I cannot remember if that series was tagged with another HB property (such as Space Ghost/Dino Boy), and I wouldn't mind seeing Frankenstein Jr/Impossibles on dvd. And please, WB, get that Quickdraw McGraw set out there ASAP.

I'd like to see both Super Powers series from the 1980s, as well. Oh, and Thundarr! Where are you Thundarr?!?

And there was an ABC series from the late 1970s or early 1980s called "Puppy's Great Adventures," I think, that I remember really enjoying back in the day. I think it may have been a Ruby-Spears spin-off from the ABC Weekend Special, but I may even be imaginging it. I can never find it on You Tube.

And maybe some CB Bears.

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
And, yes, the 1970s Filmation 'Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle.' I remember being a really HUGE fan of that series, but I don't know how well it holds up today.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

We put out The Freedom Force as part of the Space Sentinels set, and Jason of Star Command comes out May 8th.

We don't have the rights to any of the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks