What's new

Satellite Radio Thru-out the House (1 Viewer)

Rob.melone

Stunt Coordinator
I recently purchased a SKYFi2 XM Radio and Home Unit. I connected the unit to my receiver which is located in my family room. I also setup the units FM Modulator. I was amazed to discover that every receiver/radio in my house, including those in my basement, second floor and garage, received the satellite signal. And while the sound is not as good as the hard-wired unit, it is still very good. For investments of $99 for the SKYFi2 and $49 for the Home Unit, I have satellite radio thru-out my house. I consider this to be one of the best values in the audio market today. Plus, I am rediscovering music, again! Thanks Satellite Radio. Rob

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Rob - I agree that the FM transmitter on the SkyFi2 is a great idea. I started with the original SkyFi about 18 months ago, and liked it so much that I purchased not one, not two, but THREE home units at about $70 each. I probably would have only purchased one of those units had the FM transmitter been featured on the previous SkyFi.

Oh well, there's always a price associated with being an early adopter, but I suppose that an extra $140 for two home kits is a low price to pay for all of the enjoyment I have had over the past 18+ months. Obviously I still use the home kits, but now I also have XM on a Tivoli "PAL" radio, which I can take outside when I sit on my deck. That will certainly come in handy this spring and summer.

Glad you enjoy your new SkyFi2, and hopefully you'll get many hours of listening enjoyment from XM. I know I certainly do.

Steve K.

Rob.melone

Stunt Coordinator
The Digital FM Transmitter looks pretty cool. I see this as a practical application to broadcast MP3/CD music (not to mention TV sports events) to any receiver/radio thru-out the house. Great tip! Thanks Ron.

Here's one for you: http://www.zvoxaudio.com/

Sorry for using the wrong forum. Rob

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Rob --

The ability to transmit to all of the radios in my house is something I think is really great too.

In terms of needing a booster or extra transmitter or anything like that, I have a 2 story house with a little over 2,000sqft (not big, not small) and I'm able to receive all over the house with solid reception in all rooms. Try it out before you spend any more money -- you might be happy with out of the box reception.

Doug

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
For an FM transmitter that beats the C-Crane for signal strength and sound quality, grab a Ramsey FM-25B kit (or an assembled unit off eBay). Use it carefully though, or the FCC may come a knockin!

BrianAe

Second Unit
That transmitter looks really useful. Thanks Ron! Has anyone actually tried it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks