After reading Ron's latest post, now I'm *really* at a stand still. I was hellbent on getting the Alpine CDA-7897. What an awesome deck!! The unique AT&T module that I can add later on, Ai-NET capabilities, plays .MP3's, as well as a ton of other features made this my head unit of choice. It also comes with XM Radio controls. After doing some research (although now I'm not so sure I've done enough) I thought I'd go ahead and get the satellite radio installed when I purchase the deck. Only now, I'm not so sure. 1. I've always been a huge fan of Alpine head units. 2. I'm now not so sure that XM Radio is the way that I want to go. If I'm going to be paying for satellite radio, there's no way in the world I'm going to pay for the commercials to go along with it... which brings me to SIRIUS. Also, I love sound quality (as most of us do) if in fact there *might* be a difference in sound quality between the two... I want the best when it comes to that. 3. I'm not at all keen on getting either a Panasonic, Clarion, or Kenwood deck just so I get the SIRIUS control. Some of the new Kenwood decks don't look *too* bad. I guess I don't know enough about them. Navigation is also something I was planning on adding later on and I don't believe any of the above have that capability except for Alpine. With that said, I either need to scrap the idea of getting the head unit that I've done so much research on... or scrap the idea altogether in getting satellite radio. I suppose it may just be a matter of me deciding what it is I want most from my system, so here goes: I just purchased a 40GB Creative Labs NOMAD ZEN Xtra portable .mp3 player. I'm so sick and tired of making .mp3 discs so I don't forsee myself doing that all that often except on occassion. I was honestly planning on using the new deck for 80%-90% satellite radio, the other 10% would be spent listening to the random .mp3 disc that I happen to have lying around. It essentially seems like I now need to get a completely different head unit if I want to go with SIRIUS rather than XM. Suggestions? Comments? I'd appreciate any info. Scott.