Sat system recommendations

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Leigh_M, May 26, 2007.

1. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Stunt Coordinator

Ok, I'm going to buy a sat system for three season porch. We will be primarily watching TV and the occasional movie. Since the room is quite small, I want to use wall mounted Sat. speakers. Also, I would like to keep the speaker cost to $500 or less. Currently, I'm thinking of the Polk RM6750 or looking for used Boston Acoustics 90X speakers. Any suggestions would be appreciated. BTW, I will most likely use a Dayton 10" sub.

2. MaxL

MaxL Supporting Actor

3. Don T

Don T Stunt Coordinator

Hello Leigh,

I have enjoyed my new SVS speakers. For the price you are suggesting, I think you can get the SBS 5.0 system for $599 (http://www.svsound.com/products-spks-sbs01.cfm) They are great speakers, well built. And they are easily moveable should you need to take them out of the room. If you go with overstock, the price is $449, and that is a steal. Call the cops.

Of course I would recommend a SVS sub to go with it, but if you have one that is up to task, then I am sure you would be quite happy. The SVS staff is super nice and quite easy to work with.

Thank you,
    Don

4. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the input so far ... I'll have to see if I can find the athenas to take a closer look.

The SVS system was the first thing that came to my mind. My only concern is that they may look a little big mounted on the wall. Since this is not going to be a primary system, I don't think I'll spend the money for an SVS sub. Besides, they are huge and my wife would kill me! I do have one in my main system though.

5. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    For those on a serious budget, Vanns.com still has a few Infinity TS-450 5.1 small satellite system (2 1/2" drivers) for only $199. Not as good as the Athena's but a real good price.