Sarah McLachlan's Black Bird

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam Lenhardt, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I love this Beatles cover. I've heard on the radio several times since I am Sam. There are a few other covers on the soundtrack I like, but this is by far my favorite. Anyone else feel the same way?

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I like the Eddie Vetter cover "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away". Those are the only two songs I bought that CD for, but some of the others are pretty good, not all of them are to my liking. "Don't let me down" is good too, can't remember who did that cover though.

3. Brian Bunn

Brian Bunn Second Unit

Stereophonics...the name of the band doing "Don't Let Me Down". From Britain. Check out there latest album "Just Enough Education To Perform"...good stuff.

4. John Tillman

John Tillman Supporting Actor

I'm home today doing some painting and spun this album earlier. It is very good... Many nice cuts.

NP: America, America.

5. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

Yeah, that's cool, along with the Eddie Vedder number that John mentioned (kind of a rote reading, but that's Ok with Beatles stuff...perfect as it is. [​IMG] )
    The best Blackbird cover I've ever heard is Crosby,Stills & Nash's from their box set, pretty amazing.

6. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden

7. Frank Tran

Frank Tran Agent

A non I Am Sam Beatles cover that I love is Diana Krall's cover of And I Love Her. Simply awesome!!!

8. Mark Lee

Mark Lee Second Unit

This thread seems to be getting swaying into a "fave Beatles cover" thread, so I figured I'd chime in with my own weird-ass cover choice (not a "favorite," technically, but certainly one of the most unique) -- Slovenia's own neo-fascist band, Laibach, and their cover of the entire album Let It Be. Many of the songs have been twisted almost beyond recognition (listening to "Get Back" and "I've Got A Feeling" mutated into goose-stepping dirges is somewhat unsettling, to say the least), and curiously, "Let It Be" is the only song not covered on the album, but the grand irony of the Beatles being covered by a group of Balkan pro-totalitarians is something to behold.

9. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John