What's new

Sanyo Z5 lamp problem - thermal reseting? Power supply? (1 Viewer)

Rusakko

Auditioning
Real Name
Valtsu
Hi
I have a Sanyo Z5 projector, which doesn't work anymore. I watched movie and suddenly the beam vanished and the lens cover closed itself. There flashed the "replace the lamp" and "power" leds.
I have tried many times to put the projector on, but after lens cover has opened and fans are working I can hear some short time "electric buzzing" inside the machine and dim blue light can be seen from the lens. Then the projector shut down and led-lights start blinking...
I have changed lamp with original one, but only the bulb, not the hole system. Total hours are maybe about 2200 hours with the projector.
I opened the cover, pressed the thermal reset gentley. The button is weird. It's loose and it doesn't take up a position. It moves up and down, but pressing it doesn't result in any kind of "click" sound... ?! Maybe the button is broken?
I also read some forums about broken power supply, but I'm not sure if it's possible with my diagnostics.
Now, good advises would be very welcome!
(and sorry about my language skills)
Rusakko

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks