What's new

Sanyo PLV Z1 setup (1 Viewer)

Steve Adams

Second Unit
I just got my plv z1...got it setup through Svideo. the picture is rather grainy, anything I can do in setup to get it clear? lots of wavy lines going thru....etc

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The first thing you need to do is switch to component cables. It will give you the best image with the Z1. If the picture is "rather grainy", it sounds like you're sitting too close to screen. You should be sitting back about 2X the screen width(14' back from a screen 7' wide). Wavy lines sound like a ground loop problem. What do you have hooked up to projector?

Steve Adams

Second Unit
Direct to dvd player, and when I hooked up to just a dvd player using my tv for speakers i got a bad hum from it......

I know I have to switch to component cables...but the grain was more from the wavy lines......

I never got the hum from my surround system in my theater but did from just the tv...used 2 different s vid cables too......

I have the screen at about 7 ft wide and stting 12 ft back...2 ft wont make that much difference....

Steve Adams

Second Unit

ha ha ha for sure....I would'nt think that an S vid connection would give such crappy picture....wow. Now I have to find a 30 ft Component cable now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks