What's new

Samsung TVs lead sales for 30 straight quarters (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
At one time it was Sony and other Japanese companies that led the TV market (remember Pioneer). Times have changed. Of course, the US used to be a leader in TV's...

Market research firm DisplaySearch says Samsung's flat-screen TVs accounted for more than 27 percent of the market followed by local rival LG Electronics with around 16 percent. Japan's Sony trailed behind with less than seven percent.

What's notable is that Samsung has led the flat-screen market for the 30 straight quarters now.

To make matters worse, the "others" are falling farther behind with Samsung and LG raising the bar even further by releasing curved display OLED TVs. Remember years back when Sony was the first to show off OLED prototypes at CES and CEDIA?

I suppose pretty soon Vizio and other Chinese manufacturers will take the crown from S. Korea... S. Korea doesn't seem to be as willing to give up the crown though.
Who has a Korean TV? Who has a Japanese TV?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
This is a race to the bottom (relating to price). The winner will be who ever can produce for the least amount of money.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I have 2 Sammys, and love them, esp my 240 Hz 55" Sammy. Fantabulous picture. Not as good at blacks, but overall what I consider to be stunningly good clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks