Samsung R120 DVR and external sources

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Phil Florian, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Phil Florian

Phil Florian Screenwriter

Howdy!
    It wasn't made clear in the manual so I figured maybe there was a way to get help here. I just was given a Samsung R-120 as a gift and so far it has been a fine DVR for recording shows that I want to save off of my DISH receiver.
    The device has a DV (IEEE 1394) input and RCA input on the front as well as the usual S-Video and RCA inputs on the back.
    It will take my digital camera plugging into it from the front to upload and create DVD's of home movies and digital pics which is cool. What I want to do, though, is take my digital movies off my camera, edit them on my computer with titles and such and then upload it to my Samsung to save as a DVD. I can't upload back to my camera, though, so I wondered was there a way to connect computers to the R-120 to upload finished movies that way? Would a USB to Firewire work? Would I simply "play" the movie in media player or some such and then record it? Or would the samsung not recognize the computer and thus not accept video (even if I saved it in a format ala the same used on cameras).
    Just curious if this was possible. Worse comes to worse I will eventually get a DVR for my computer but why do that if I can figure out a way to do this with my existing hardware.

Thanks!

Phil