What's new

Samsung HT-TX500 Amp Problem (1 Viewer)

NikNackNoodle

Auditioning
Real Name
Nik Nak
Hi All,

I'm really hoping someone can help.

I have a Samsung HT-TX500 and just recently the unit would not power on, it would switch itself back onto standby, (almost as if there was no power to power up the unit).

The Amp was not being used with an HDMI cable, (purely Optical for Amp), so in a desperate measure to send extra power to the unit I re-connected the HDMI cable. The standby light is now constantly flashing on and off, (but not turning on).

I had read somewhere that in order to resolve this problem, I would need to disconnect all the cables (HDMI, Sub woofer and Optical) to the unit, but leave it plugged in to the mains and that this would take 12 hours to fix itself.

My question really is (a) is this true and will this work and (b) is there anything else I can do to fix it?

Ok, I couldn't resist any longer and unplugged the mains, (the constant flashing was really annoying). When I did this the Amp made a high pitched beeping noise......never done that before.

I have switched the mains back on, and the standby light is back on, but I am back to square 1 again, the unit just wont switch on.

Any help someone can provide in resolving this annoying problem would be fantastic :)

cabimero

Auditioning
Real Name
Adrian
Nik Nak: I gess that 10 months after this happened , you already have solve the problem. It seems that the HDMI connection is faulty and happens everytime you try to recognize the HT with your TV using the anynet feature (did happen to you?). What i did is reset the TV to factory setings and rerun the anynet HT recognition. DO NOT try to power up the HT using the anynet feature! Seems like the TV software crashes the HT software somehow. Sending the HT to service won't help and cost you money. AGAIN: nothing on the HT hardware is wrong, is purely software/system crash! Just turn off the anynet on your TV, rerun the anynet recognition again to uncrash the HT. Do it many times; it may not work at the first time. if you get to have a solid light on the power button of your HT, press the stop button on the unit for ten seconds. The power light will blink once meaning you reset the HT. This should solve everything. I had this situation several times the last 6 months. I will try changing the HDMI cable and use a optic cable to manage the anynet which seems the appropiate way to do it. In other words, your words confirm me that the optic is the way to connect the anynet without crashing the unit. Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks