What's new

Samsung DLP- Wait for the HLN619W or get a deal on the HLN617W??? (1 Viewer)

Jon Accamando

Auditioning
I just found out that Samsung plans on releasing a HLN619W that has an integrated HDTV converter. It is supposed to be out sometime in Q3 or Q4 this year.

I really wanted the HLN617W and was in the process of making the best deal, but now with this new information...I guess I should wait for the upgrade.

So do I wait for the Integrated HDTV version or get a good low price on the HLN617W as it becomes the older version.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!

Jon (Los Angeles)

Todd Alexander

Stunt Coordinator
I feel your pain. Never seems like a good time to buy with new widgets always around the corner. I plan on going to the CES in January and seeing the latest models myself, asking the manufactures questions, then making a decision early next year.

My advice would be to try and find out of there are any other enhancments on the new TV. If it is only the HDTV integration, then my guess is that the price tag will also increase. If this is the case, ask yourself, do you need the HDTV converter 'now'? If not, go ahead and get the set now, and buy the onverter in 2-3 years when you need it. It will likely be less money then anyway.

Sounds like yo've been doing your homework. Try and find price and features on the new set then make your decision.

Good luck!

Jon Accamando

Auditioning
Thanks for the feedback...I really appreciate it.

I have heard that you get a bit better picture from integrated HDTV vs. stand alone box. Have you heard such a thing?

I will look into the differences with the 2 sets and make the best choice. Thanks!

-Jon

Todd Alexander

Stunt Coordinator
I have not heard that, but it is possible, in the eyes of an audio/video guru. Technically speaking, the less cable you run a video signal, the better it will look. Although, if you use the VGA connector with your HDTV converter box, the 5 feet run I can't imagine will make a difference that you'll notice.

Let us know your findings!

Cheers,
-Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks